Idrisbey

Idrisbey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019-GT350
I feel ethically bound to write an update to this whole situation.

Apparently the person who I spoke with was the General "Sales" Manager and not the General "Service" Manager. Late into the evening yesterday, I got yet another call from their actual General Service Manager who was extremely apologetic and asked that I give them as least one chance to "make it right". He explained that the other person I spoke with has nothing to do with service. Although he could not explain why they were giving me appointment dates that were 6 months in the future, he told me that they never turn customers away at the service department and if I simply showed up even without an appointment, they would have accommodated me.

While I know he was in "damage control" mode due my feedback on dealerrater.com, he seemed genuine and caring. He took me to the shop and showed my around the entire service department.

I was in and out in under an hour, and oil change was FREE.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I feel ethically bound to write an update to this whole situation.

Apparently the person who I spoke with was the General "Sales" Manager and not the General "Service" Manager. Late into the evening yesterday, I got yet another call from their actual General Service Manager who was extremely apologetic and asked that I give them as least one chance to "make it right". He explained that the other person I spoke with has nothing to do with service. Although he could not explain why they were giving me appointment dates that were 6 months in the future, he told me that they never turn customers away at the service department and if I simply showed up even without an appointment, they would have accommodated me.

While I know he was in "damage control" mode due my feedback on dealerrater.com, he seemed genuine and caring. He took me to the shop and showed my around the entire service department.

I was in and out in under an hour, and oil change was FREE.
Congratulations. Seems you got a good bargain but did you make sure you got the right oil?

May I suggest you call to set up a service appointment there in a couple of weeks. Don’t identify yourself or any of what you went through. See if their practices have truly changed...

OP
OP
Idrisbey

Idrisbey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019-GT350
May I suggest you call to set up a service appointment there in a couple of weeks. Don’t identify yourself or any of what you went through. See if their practices have truly changed...
The problem with that is, before they schedule you for service, they ask for your phone number and or vin number for reference, and I do not own any other Ford vehicles to test it out. I am sure their practices have not changed, if I ever need anything in the future, I am calling the service manager direct on his personal cellphone.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The General Sales manager, is just that, a salesman. He's looking out it from a sales perspective, and his bottom line.
Whenever I needed service on my F150, I always speak directly to the service dept. I never had a bad experience. In fact, I'm usually impressed how much they do, and go out of their way. And the one time I had a problem with some bad replacement brakes, they took care of it right away.
Point is, the service dept doesn't care who pays them, you or Ford. And they shouldn't play favorites

OP
OP
Idrisbey

Idrisbey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019-GT350
but did you make sure you got the right oil?
I was standing right next to the two high school dropout looking young fellows fumbling their way through the oil change, and yes I did make sure they used the right weight and amount of oil. They were supervised by someone who was introduced to me as their master mechanic. I was impressed by the fact that he (master mechanic) told the young techs to stuff the belly pan with a bunch of shop rags to soak up any oil seeping from the filter change.

The General Sales manager, is just that, a salesman. He's looking out it from a sales perspective, and his bottom line.
True.
Sponsored