Sponsored

Exhaust Recommendation Based on Sound Profile

P.R.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey Everyone,

Been watching lots of sound clips trying to find the right exhaust. I know this is very subjective, but my main constraints are:

1- Sound characteristics and tone I’m looking for.
2- Quieter side of exhausts. Not super quiet. But I’m not a fan of really loud exhausts.

So far I feel the Ford Performance by Borla Touring is the right volume. However, I really like the sound of the AWE Touring Cat Back. The Borla unit seems more raspy from my research.

However, the my absolute favorite sounding exhaust from a coyote 5.0 is from this build:

The intro has a decent amount of clips of the sound but with music in the background. More clips at: 7 min 17 sec.

Has anyone heard a system on a Mustang similar to this? I’d forgo wanting a lower volume system for one that sounds like this. Although, I fear it’s not really possible from a normal exhaust with cats. This also has a totally different header design and never joins the two exhaust banks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited:

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Borla. Borla Type S.

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
I've been running the AWE Touring for almost two years. The tone is absolutely fantastic. It's relatively low and has zero drone.

Having said that, I want to make it very clear that there is absolutely NOTHING about the system that fits into a slot that could be labeled "quieter side". Hope this helps.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Borla S Type gets my vote. Go touring if you want a little less volume.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
This vid doesnt do justice to my setup, but mine is pretty much what this cobra sounds like.

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
@P.R. Check out KRONA. Had it on my 15’ and loved it, you may even run across some of my videos. They are made in California but the company is based out east but can’t remember where.

OP
OP
P.R.

P.R.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I've been running the AWE Touring for almost two years. The tone is absolutely fantastic. It's relatively low and has zero drone.

Having said that, I want to make it very clear that there is absolutely NOTHING about the system that fits into a slot that could be labeled "quieter side". Hope this helps.
Yeah the more I looked into AWE the more I realized it was a bit louder. I’m not stuck to being super quiet. I just don’t want a really loud exhaust. Would you say maybe “middle of the road” or your neighbors don’t mind kinda volume?

@P.R. Check out KRONA. Had it on my 15’ and loved it, you may even run across some of my videos. They are made in California but the company is based out east but can’t remember where.
This system sounds interesting. Like a half way point between Borla and AWE.

I also love the sound of that Cobra ... very "clean" with no rasp. I've had Magnaflow round mufflers on my 2016 GT that had that low rumbly sound. Whatever you do, keep your stock res if you want that sound IMO.

2015-2017 Mustang GT Magnaflow Exhaust Sound Clip Race Series Axle-Back Review & Install - Bing video
I think this sounds pretty close. I still think I like AWE a bit better. But I can tell this fits the lower volume I’m looking for. Only thing is I’m realizing is that I want a full cat-back system. But maybe I should make a concession here if it’s fitting the rest of my wants.

Think what’s holding me back is only hearing these on headphones. Anyone know some good so-cal meets so I can hear these in real life?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

I would second this. The AWE Touring label is a bit misleading as it sounds great but is not quiet. I run the AWE rear section after cutting off the Corsa Xtremes but they are still mated to the double x into long tubes. I'd say the setup is a tad louder with AWE than the original Corsas but with much more character in the lower rpms and none of the trumpety tone the Corsas had after the long tubes.
Sponsored