Sponsored

Exhaust Opinion

Dss1593

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Opinions on http://www.americanmuscle.com/mbrp-stainless-street-catback-black-2015gt.html (MBRP Catback street exhaust), I want something that wont wake up the neighbors but also something louder then stock, looking for as little drone as possible inside the car while idle and driving. It seems like a great price to. Let me Know what you think. Have a 2017 GT PP white Mustang standard.
Sponsored

vinnie_febs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In The Works
My buddy has that one and it has a good deep growl but it is not obnoxiously loud at all. He even asked the neighbor and he seemed not to be bothered by them at all.

Last edited:

Jarh3ad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP
I haven't owned a mustang in years and always loved the sound of magnaflow,however the cost of MBRP is almost half. So i'm interested to know this as well, why such the big price difference?

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
I haven't owned a mustang in years and always loved the sound of magnaflow,however the cost of MBRP is almost half. So i'm interested to know this as well, why such the big price difference?
That kit up there is aluminized steel, which is why it's "cheap"

Sponsored

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
I have the race setup and love it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on what tone you like. It's aggressive and raspy. Many don't like the rasp above 4000 rpm.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Reactions: 113

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thats one weird looking exhaust. It's like an x pipe and h pipe in one.
Similar theory to the double X in Corsa's systems, the second crossover changes the tone some and also is supposed to reduce drone...wave interference.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I don't even own a Mustang GT yet and I have my exhaust picked out. ARH 1 7/8 Catted Longtubes, 3" connect to Corsa Sports. Pricey, but very high quality and sounds wonderful.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
the mbrp street drones from 1500 to 1800 rpm. it's loud enough to annoy me if it's for more than a few minutes, but you really won't be spending much time at those rpms, unless you like riding in 6th gear at 40mph. otherwise there isnt any unless you're going 15mp in third gear or whatever. the rasp above 4k has diminished quite a bit over the 6k miles i've put on it. the guy i bought it from had put about 1k miles on it, so it's got about 7k on it overall. i noticed it deepen and growl more around the 5k miles mark, and rasp at higher rpm's really is pretty minimal overall and it's still changing. it's really a great sounding exhaust for the cash..especially when you get it for 400 bucks barely used..lol

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
The biggest advice I can give you is that the hesitancy you may feel from the videos you watch because it sounds a little off is all due to the mic's. My car doesn't sound nearly as good on camera as it does in person.
Sponsored