Exhaust drone and Seat recline issue

6g4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium, Black
I've got two issues and thought i'd save some thread space and put it into one topic; ill split it later if we cant get enough response..

1. Stock exhaust, only a steeda CAI installed, driving between 70 and 75 mph in 6th gear at ~2500 rpm, there is an annoying drone. I remember at first when shopping for exhausts, I used to wonder what drone really sounded like since its one of the factors to worry about, but when I heard this sound.. I realized what drone is. Its really bad. Let up on the throttle a little, and the sound eases, but then the car is basically just decelerating. Step down on it, and the drone increases a bit before tapering off, but.. I cant really cruise at 80 mph in my zone -.-

2. Different issue, mechanical. To get into the back seat, theres the lever on the back of the seat. For the first week, lifting that lever did nothing. It wasnt engaging anything and I would have to recline the seat forward using the recliner lever. I then got it to work, but it now occasionally doesnt work. Both driver and passenger side. Sometimes its because the seat isnt properly "clicked" into place, but other times, it just doesnt work.

Anyone experience these things as well and have any potential solutions? The car is just a day over 1 month old and only has ~850 miles. Thanks!
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
About the drone ... do you still have the stock "sound tube" installed with the CIA? If it still has all stock exhaust system, it should really drone.

OP
OP
6g4me

6g4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
About the drone ... do you still have the stock "sound tube" installed with the CIA? If it still has all stock exhaust system, it should really drone.
yeap still have stock sound tube. everything else is stock other than the actual intake.

but i dont get it, why would i get drone just because of the sound tube?

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I have never ever had a car drone after changing the air intake. So,etching must be going on with the exhaust. Isn't it still under warranty ?

OP
OP
6g4me

6g4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I have never ever had a car drone after changing the air intake. So,etching must be going on with the exhaust. Isn't it still under warranty ?
yeah i dont think its the intake either really, i was just mentioning any and all mods I have to the car.

whats etching-- feel free to explain to my newb self.

Yeah still should be.. unless my intake tune voided anything >_>

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I can be prone to noise , but I haven't had any issue with my car. So far. I will have to pay attention to driving at 70-75 mph / 2500 rpm. Maybe you can mod your car with quieter mufflers? :eek: Be interesting to know if "droning" shows up on a dB meter.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
yeap still have stock sound tube. everything else is stock other than the actual intake.

but i dont get it, why would i get drone just because of the sound tube?
I was just thinking maybe the opened up intake might be making the sound tube put more noise in the cabin. Nobody else has ever complained of drone from a bone stock exhaust system.

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GG GT Premium with PP
My driver seat got stuck all the way forward when my dad used the lever on the side instead of the latch in the back. Took me several minutes to fix it by pushing it even further forward and jimmying the latch. It's a shoddy mechanism.

This was 30 seconds into my grand reveal - if I only knew what I was in for! :ford:

OP
OP
6g4me

6g4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Any other advice exhausts?
Sponsored