Sponsored

Exceladyne Intercooler Review

dunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I wanted to leave a review for the new exceladyne intercooler. First I want to say that Tim from beyondredline was pleasure to work with, great communication from start to finish.

My setup already includes a Livernois Motorsports tune, but I wanted an intercooler to take full advantage of the more aggressive tune. I chose the exceladyne because it's competitively priced and more then large enough for my setup, I also wanted cast end tanks.

The intercooler is very well built and is a direct bolt in, it also fit perfectly with the stock charge air ducts. I did remove the bumper cover and bumper beam for installation.

My air intakes temperatures are now just above ambient (maybe 4-5 degrees above) when I'm cruising around, but the best part is the consistent power after successive wide open throttle runs. I'll be getting a dyno tune from Livernois to match the new setup in the next month or so and will try to post some results of the combo.
Sponsored

Tim@BeyondRedline

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.beyondredlinestore.com
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Thank you so much for the feedback and sharing with the forum. I'm glad you were pleased with the performance of the intercooler.

Please contact me with any other questions you have.

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost, Premium, Auto, PP
Thank you so much for the feedback and sharing with the forum. I'm glad you were pleased with the performance of the intercooler.

Please contact me with any other questions you have.
Hi Tim,

Does installation of the exceladyne intercooler require the removal of the stock grill shutters?

Thanks

Tim@BeyondRedline

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Hi Tim,

Does installation of the exceladyne intercooler require the removal of the stock grill shutters?

Thanks
Yes, you do need to remove the grille shutters. The cooler is of the thinner and taller variety vs the short and fat ones. We preferred this design to allow for maximum airflow over the cooling core surface.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: Ebm

Sponsored

Tim@BeyondRedline

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
What type of construction? Bar and plate or fin and tube?
All of our intercoolers feature a bar/plate construction with a custom specified fin design. We worked with a heat exchanger company to find the best balance of cooling and flow.

Yellowboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang ecoboost
All of our intercoolers feature a bar/plate construction with a custom specified fin design. We worked with a heat exchanger company to find the best balance of cooling and flow.
I mean no disrespect, I've been looking at intercoolers for my ecoboost and trying to decide on which one to go with from the names we all know for mustang performance. They are all just slightly more expensive than yours roughly less than $100. Your intercooler looks well built, but as a consumer not knowing of your company until this posting on mustang6g. I had already decided on the sf intercooler, that being $569. It looks like on your website you guys are kind of breaking into the ecoboost scene, if your guys intercooler wasnt so close to the big mustang performance names I would have bought one. Once again I mean no disrespect at all. Just advice from a consumer I think if you priced it more aggressively or offered a new product introductory price you'd drudge up more interest. Hope this helps, it looks like a pretty decent intercooler!

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
pics?

Tim@BeyondRedline

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I mean no disrespect, I've been looking at intercoolers for my ecoboost and trying to decide on which one to go with from the names we all know for mustang performance. They are all just slightly more expensive than yours roughly less than $100. Your intercooler looks well built, but as a consumer not knowing of your company until this posting on mustang6g. I had already decided on the sf intercooler, that being $569. It looks like on your website you guys are kind of breaking into the ecoboost scene, if your guys intercooler wasnt so close to the big mustang performance names I would have bought one. Once again I mean no disrespect at all. Just advice from a consumer I think if you priced it more aggressively or offered a new product introductory price you'd drudge up more interest. Hope this helps, it looks like a pretty decent intercooler!
Absolutely no offense taken and the candid feedback is appreciated. We are relatively new the Mustang scene but have been offering great parts and services for the past 15 years we have been in business. I wish you would have reached out to me before purchasing as we are offering an introductory program with rebates for our new Mustang customers. In exchange for your feedback we are giving cash rebates on all purchases of parts plus a 100% money back satisfaction gurantee. (We will even pay return shipping charges)

Feel free to reach out to me for any of your future needs.

Again, your feedback is appreciated.

Tim@BeyondRedline

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost

Sponsored

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
look great. I will be looking at this one when I go big turbo. thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

S550Sovereign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Ecoboost with PP
Here you go, let me know how I can assist you.

Stupid Noob Question below: (I'm asking for a friend)

Can you paint intercoolers specifically the color black does this hinder performance or is the difference negligible? Would the type of paint yield better results?
Sponsored