Sponsored

Evans Performance Academy?? Has Anyone Tried It?

Kamakanaaa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craden
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium, 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Hey all, I've been looking into self-tuning my S550 GT and have been looking into training courses. Has anyone been through the Evans Performance Academy Coyote courses? The cost seems reasonable but would like to know if anyone has had success with it before I pull the trigger.
Sponsored

turbosc297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I'm considering the same thing. Did you end up purchasing the program?

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
I’ve not used this stuff specifically, but I’ve spent a lot of money on various Coyote books and courses. The one common theme across all the ones I’ve used is that they are little more than a glorified settings manual. I have a hard time believing this one would be much different based on the free teaser videos he posts on YT.

If I was starting over learning to tune this platform I wouldn’t have spent a dime on any books or training materials. I’d have just bought an HP Tuners MPVI and spent plenty of time data logging before I even thought about making any changes. I’d also read as much on the HPT forums about how the mapped points work. It’s the core of the engine control scheme and it seems really complicated at first. Once you understand it you see how powerful it really is.

Just my humble opinion.

Dapepper9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
I would look more into HighPerformanceAcademy if I were looking to do my own tuning.

Sponsored

Dapepper9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Do they have Coyote specific stuff?
A bit I believe but they train you up on the software fully to where you could really do any vehicle with it

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If I was starting over learning to tune this platform I wouldn’t have spent a dime on any books or training materials. I’d have just bought an HP Tuners MPVI and spent plenty of time data logging
This

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
HP Tunners Tony Gonyon is doing great job of explaining a lot in his courses:

I strongly suggest when his next course on the coyote topic is.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
HP Tunners Tony Gonyon is doing great job of explaining a lot in his courses:

I strongly suggest when his next course on the coyote topic is.
Tony was with The Tuning School prior to his employment with HPT. If you like his HPT stuff and would like more, The Tuning School wouldn't be a bad option.

turbosc297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Great input, I'd have to agree with you guys. Some good stuff from Tony on youtube and I've found goat rope garage to be somewhat helpful. Good info to be had over on the hptuners forums too but that seems hit or miss depending on what specifics you're looking for.
It seems the hardest part to learn is exactly what everything is in HPTuners- the terminology and how it's all intertwined. I've now spent about a month reviewing logs and making small tweaks to my car with pretty good success...
Gotta love this era we live in, almost ANYTHING in the world can be learned for free on the internet.
Sponsored