Sponsored

ETIS and Window Sticker Process

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
NCO OTT Stripes = 2021.
Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Yeah I was willing to pay for it, but the dealer said it was a no cost option even though it showed up as an extra on the configurator. I knew I wanted stripes cause one of the reasons I chose the car was because it looked like a toy car. So red with white stripes or blue with white stripes were the top choices.
Yes I noticed on the Configurator yesterday the White OTS were a No Cost Option, yet strangely the black stripes were not, I didn't realise when I ordered my V.Blue GT in early December, but I probably would have declined the option anyway.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Red with white stripes. Manual. Magneride is the only optional extra.

The VIN says its a 21. I don't care cause the plan is to keep it for a long time.
How do you determine that its a 21 from the VIN?

If it Is it (like mine) to be built in '21 it should be a 21 as far as I know, bit info has been unusually scarce on the MY21 !

camelfarmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hussain
Vehicle(s)
None
How do you determine that its a 21 from the VIN?

If it Is it (like mine) to be built in '21 it should be a 21 as far as I know, bit info has been unusually scarce on the MY21 !
One of the digits is a letter that corresponds to the MY. I can't remember which one it is or which letters are for which year. If you google it you'll get a list.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
The FB people replied and said I had no VIN assigned yet. I've contacted the dealer to see if the ETA remains April. Ordered in September, so it's not the quickest.
That is strange, I ordered first week of Dec, and I have a VIN (after much haranguing!), a "Segmentation Date" of 09/02/21 (ie Inventory Check - prior to Build Scheduling), and a Est' Delivery Date of 01/05.

Apparently only the Dealership "Car Controller" has full access to tracking, so if you are asking at a sales level, they only have limited access, and have to jump on the Car Controller for comprehensive update info.

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
One of the digits is a letter that corresponds to the MY. I can't remember which one it is or which letters are for which year. If you google it you'll get a list.

Found it, rather confusing but it is the Tenth Digit - and as mine is an "M" = 2021 ! Hooray!! (L=2020 therefore M=2021)

"In the 10th position, you'll see a letter indicating the model year. The letters from B to Y correspond to the model years 1981 to 2000. The VIN does not use I, O, Q, U or Z. From 2001 to 2009, the numbers 1 through 9 were used in place of letters. The alphabet started over from A in 2010 and will continue until 2030.
Yes, it's confusing. Here are the model years since 2000: Y=2000, 1='01, 2='02, 3='03, 4='04, 5='05, 6='06, 7='07, 8='08, 9='09, A='10, B='11, C='12, D='13, E='14, F='15, G='16, H='17, J='18, K='19, L='20."

https://www.edmunds.com/how-to/how-to-quickly-decode-your-vin.html

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
Got a VIN from the dealer. Dunno if it's a 20 build or 21.
My Mach 1 was built 5-January so AUS cars are going down the production line at the moment, my Sales Rep has been flooded with info on cars being built, FYI I got a Ford e-mail last week telling me car was built (standard email with generic information), so far better communication than my previous '16 Mustang.

camelfarmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hussain
Vehicle(s)
None
My Mach 1 was built 5-January so AUS cars are going down the production line at the moment, my Sales Rep has been flooded with info on cars being built, FYI I got a Ford e-mail last week telling me car was built (standard email with generic information), so far better communication than my previous '16 Mustang.
Yeah I got that email too, but I already knew the car had been built by using this tracker:
https://modernmusclecars.de/tools/mustangtracker/index.php?vin=

Its got a date expected at US port too.

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
I have a VIN
Anyone know how I can track the shipping?

1FA6P8NFXM5114961

Can you tell color and model I’ve ordered?

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I have a VIN
Anyone know how I can track the shipping?

1FA6P8NFXM5114961

Can you tell color and model I’ve ordered?
If you only just got your VIN, it is unlikely any info will be available yet, however try this for your car details: Vehicle – by VIN Search Vehicle Lookup (ford.com)

I got my VIN over two weeks go - still nothing. I know the "Segmentation Date" (Parts Inventory Check) is 09Feb, but no Car Details or Build Date yet.

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
From what I'm reading on other Forums, ETIS was decommissioned in recent months.
Other than a blank white page, it returns a "Not found" error message.

Is there an alternative?
Sponsored