ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_Ricky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Do any of yall have any opinions on swapping to a big red or maxflow bov for more noise from a bov on our ess kits? Any reasons against it? I have a g4 intercooler so i guess clearance is also a question, and i believe it will require a flanged adapter between them
Yeah, I went with the maxflow race. Much louder and has more of that HKS whistle sound. Big red and BV57 are a whooshing air sound ( both loud ). All will require a custom flange welded. I had 2 “adapters” tig welded together to avoid permanently altering the intercooler (and avoid having to remove the intercooler as well)

depends what sound you’re looking for

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Just to help spice up the conversation a little bit! (Not my car or kit and I don’t own the rights to the pic or music… wait there is no music)! Zoom in gents!!
IMG_1934.jpeg

IMG_1933.jpeg
Is that the elusive G3R spotted in its natural habitat?!

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Yeah, I went with the maxflow race. Much louder and has more of that HKS whistle sound. Big red and BV57 are a whooshing air sound ( both loud ). All will require a custom flange welded. I had 2 “adapters” tig welded together to avoid permanently altering the intercooler (and avoid having to remove the intercooler as well)

Thanks Jeff! Always gonna tag you in the BOV question’s cause if anyone knows you do. Hope all is well with you my friend!!

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Thanks Jeff! Always gonna tag you in the BOV question’s cause if anyone knows you do. Hope all is well with you my friend!!
Haha true 😂

Just been crazy busy with work man. Didn’t even get to go and and enjoy the 1.5 days of cooler weather with my car lmao

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt

I actually have the flanges you used saved from a post you made like 200 posts ago haha
Do you have any vids of yours?
Ive been considering a louder bov but i also debate if i want it to be crazy crazy loud, as i daily the car and i dont want it to be annoying as hell cruising at 70mph. But currently its kinda quiet with tial from inside the car

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt

I actually have the flanges you used saved from a post you made like 200 posts ago haha
Do you have any vids of yours?
Ive been considering a louder bov but i also debate if i want it to be crazy crazy loud, as i daily the car and i dont want it to be annoying as hell cruising at 70mph. But currently its kinda quiet with tial from inside the car
Heres a few that some people have gotten of me leaving cars and coffee.
The third is showing what it sounds like cruising at 2000-2200rpm with the windows down. Windows up you can hear it slightly but its not loud. also highway speeds i hear more road noise and exhaust but can still tell the bov is there whistling away lol

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt

Heres a few that some people have gotten of me leaving cars and coffee.
The third is showing what it sounds like cruising at 2000-2200rpm with the windows down. Windows up you can hear it slightly but its not loud. also highway speeds i hear more road noise and exhaust but can still tell the bov is there whistling away lol

Not gonna lie, thats pretty much exactly what im looking for haha. Do you have a g3 or g4 intercooler? Any specifics on how your setup is besides welding a flange on and getting maxflow race?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Not gonna lie, thats pretty much exactly what im looking for haha. Do you have a g3 or g4 intercooler? Any specifics on how your setup is besides welding a flange on and getting maxflow race?
Haha it definitely turns heads

g3 intercooler. Only thing I had to do was cut the bottom crash bar bolt ( the one that goes through the intercooler bracket) a little shorter

nope. Left it the way it came out of the box (adjustment screw all the way and bolted it up to the flange.

IMG_1234.jpeg

Sponsored

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
Haha it definitely turns heads

g3 intercooler. Only thing I had to do was cut the bottom crash bar bolt ( the one that goes through the intercooler bracket) a little shorter

nope. Left it the way it came out of the box (adjustment screw all the way and bolted it up to the flange.

IMG_1234.jpeg
I have g4, and the tial kinda seems tight. I may have to get a 90 bend to make it work, do yall think a 90 bend would cause any issues? I dont think it would

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
I have g4, and the tial kinda seems tight. I may have to get a 90 bend to make it work, do yall think a 90 bend would cause any issues? I dont think it would
Isn't the g4IC just a thicker G3? could be wrong but from the pics i've seen it looks to be the same width. so it should mount up fine. But a 90* elbow shouldn't be a problem either

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
Isn't the g4IC just a thicker G3? could be wrong but from the pics i've seen it looks to be the same width. so it should mount up fine. But a 90* elbow shouldn't be a problem either
Im not entirely sure, it very well could be. I guess in gonna have to get the parts and test fit it lol

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
So i got this in today and it didn't work at all lol. Popped it on the line and tightened down the back piece all the way and it was still a little loose. Figured let me see what this does. Touched the positive cable back to the battery and sure enough, fuel misted everywhere lol.

So the first pic is where i connected it on the drivers side. The second pic is the existing sensor mounted in the rail. Third pic is on the passenger side and it goes to some...thing...mounted to the passenger valve cover. Not sure what it is but some part of the fuel system. High pressure pump?

Could i maybe use this line?

I ended up getting that dual pod that replaces the factory PP gauges. I really don't care for it at all. The gauges are super loose in them. I ended up drilling two holes for each pod and using an Allen head set screw to hold the gauges in place. They could have made that a snug fit.

Also... It's not important but is there a dimmer wire somewhere within easy reach?

Edit: just found upr makes one that looks much nicer and has the standard quick connect on it. I trust their stuff. So ill try it out.

https://www.uprproducts.com/11-21-mustang-5-0-dodge-fuel-line-rail-adapter-3-8/

20230925_194425.jpg

20230925_194438.jpg

20230925_194414.jpg

Last edited: