Sponsored

Enclosed auto transport -recommendations and approximate cost

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
1730 miles from az to chicago....so $1800 to ship your black one to me. :facepalm:......i hope the seller includes shipping.
On my last couple of moves I have used a local husband and wife team who have their own 2 car enclosed trailer and they did an outstanding job for me and in fact brought JR157 out from Pennsylvania to my new home in Arizona a short while back.

Their company name is Venom Classics and are based out of Mesa, AZ (480-528-4628) with Mary doing all of the quoting and booking along with some of the driving along with her husband Terry doing most of the driving.

Very conscientious and very good people and would recommend them to anyone with their pricing being competitive with all of the big guys as well.

Also important to me is having an enclosed carrier with E Track Rails installed in the floor of the trailers as learned many decades ago that a 4" nylon strap through the wheels of my car with a rag underneath for protection is certainly not something that I would ever recommend for partial securement especially when dealing with high end wheels such as the CF wheels that come of on some of our cars and of course that is one main reason why I chose Venom Classics for my last 2 moves.

With respect to shipping one of my Black cars to you I am only planning on selling one of my Black cars therefore take your pick with the 2015 still on the MSO and never titled and you know about the 2018 R model.:crackup:

You choose your carrier with shipping being included in the selling price.:wink:
IMG_3336.jpg
IMG_3338.jpg
JW Pictures 2.jpg
JR157 - 1.jpg
Sponsored

UXXR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I got my car out of state, ~1000 miles away. From PA to LA, I paid around $1,350.
I chose to go with Elwood Beukelman TOTALCAREtrans.com, he is a broker but only works with people-companies he's known for a good while.

The transporter he found me was McCollister's Auto Transport. Those guys were very good, communicated the times, received the vehicle a little earlier than estimated. Enclosed carrier, and there were 2 Rolls Royce cars in the carrier along my beast.

So, these 2 names, you can't go wrong with. I've heard good things about Reliable carriers as well.

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
Agree with recommendations on Inter-city and also Reliable. I have used them both for coast to coast shipping of valuable cars. As I recall, you can go to either of their websites and put in the zip codes for pick-up and destination and get an immediate quote. I always insist on my car being on the top level inside the trailer. Don't want fluids leaking onto my car from cars up above.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I got my car out of state, ~1000 miles away. From PA to LA, I paid around $1,350.
I chose to go with Elwood Beukelman TOTALCAREtrans.com, he is a broker but only works with people-companies he's known for a good while.

The transporter he found me was McCollister's Auto Transport. Those guys were very good, communicated the times, received the vehicle a little earlier than estimated. Enclosed carrier, and there were 2 Rolls Royce cars in the carrier along my beast.

So, these 2 names, you can't go wrong with. I've heard good things about Reliable carriers as well.
I also have used Reliable Carriers in the past and they have done a very good job and would recommend them and suggest that they have the largest fleet of trucks and trailers of any enclosed auto carrier out there.

Also I believe that they have the contract with the Ford Motor Company to handle all of the Ford GT deliveries in the U.S. and have OEM contracts with a great deal of automotive manufacturers.

:)

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
I also have used Reliable Carriers in the past and they have done a very good job and would recommend them and suggest that they have the largest fleet of trucks and trailers of any enclosed auto carrier out there.

Also I believe that they have the contract with the Ford Motor Company to handle all of the Ford GT deliveries in the U.S. and have OEM contracts with a great deal of automotive manufacturers.

:)
the R...lol....your avatar made me love stripes.....i never liked them til i saw yours

Sponsored

OP
OP
68Stang

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Great wealth of knowledge here thanks to each of you for sharing.
It is official - an Iconic Silver 2020 GT350 will be in my garage in a few weeks. Closed the deal today! Tomorrow I'll start talking to transport companies and trying to arrange transport.
Here is a photo the dealership sent me with a SOLD sign in the front windshield.
IMG_4664.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
68Stang

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ship a lot of cars and this guy, Rashad, is reliable, very good and fairly priced. I have used this company many times and would recommend them:
https://www.randjelitetransport.com/
Thanks for the response!
So these guys are not a broker and they actually haul it themselves? Do they keep you posted on the status and communicate well?
Any pointers/lessons learned for them in particular?

NTB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 Fathouse Twin Turbo, 21' GT500
Thanks for the response!
So these guys are not a broker and they actually haul it themselves? Do they keep you posted on the status and communicate well?
Any pointers/lessons learned for them in particular?
Not brokers, he has 4-5 rigs. I've dealt directly with the owner. They have kept me updated throughout the entire process each time. On delivery day they will send you a link to an app that they use, you can see their location in real time and an estimated delivery time on a map. It's updated by refreshing the app. I have used everyone on the large national carriers, most of the time it goes well, but you're just as number to these companies. The only national carrier that I would recommend is Horseless Carriage, they're old school, very professional, generally on time. Never had an issue except getting pick up dates that work. They do transportation for Ferrari.

OP
OP
68Stang

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not brokers, he has 4-5 rigs. I've dealt directly with the owner. They have kept me updated throughout the entire process each time. On delivery day they will send you a link to an app that they use, you can see their location in real time and an estimated delivery time on a map. It's updated by refreshing the app. I have used everyone on the large national carriers, most of the time it goes well, but you're just as number to these companies. The only national carrier that I would recommend is Horseless Carriage, they're old school, very professional, generally on time. Never had an issue except getting pick up dates that work. They do transportation for Ferrari.
Thanks so much NTB!
Looking forward to getting this one home.

OP
OP
68Stang

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So this happened today! This one is headed south and I can't wait for it to arrive. Can't say enough about Taylor & Elliot at Muscatell Burns Ford. They've kept me up to date with photos and status. They have completely understood my request for all those little details that crazy Shelby guys care about.

Counting on Reliable to get it here safe and sound…..and it can’t happen soon enough.
IMG_4736.JPG
IMG_4738.JPG
IMG_4740.JPG
IMG_4741.JPG
IMG_4743.JPG

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Looks like I will be needing to transport a new GT350 about 1200 miles (fingers crossed). I’ve never done this before so I’m just looking for some recommended enclosed transport companies/cost/tips etc.

Thought I would bring this back to the top- Found some info, but they were older threads. I really appreciate all the knowledge and helpfulness of everyone here!
I just did this, got 3 quotes all pretty similar, picked the middle one through The Car Carriage LLC. Turns out they were just a broker. Paid $800 to go from central MI to western PA. Driver arrived and informed me that he sees around 450 of that. Avoid the broker and see if you can get an insured/bonded driver directly. Hard to do but it'll save you hundreds.

Edit: Just realized you already used Reliable - they're good but a similar pricing situation. Love the 2020-only silver, best color for the lines of the car for sure. Get those air-oil separators, and any tint/PPF if you plan on it, on immediately post-purchase!
Sponsored