Sponsored

Electronics when installing a race seat in 2017?

Mustangpaul05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17GT PP/ 04 cobra / 86 GT
Hi-I am putting a Corbeau seat in the 2017 for track days. I want to make sure the driver airbag deploys in case of trouble. I’m concerned with all the harnesses disconnected it won’t blow.

I’ve seen the resistor hack for the bag in the seat. Easy enough to set up.

How about the plug from the belt? Should I get the wire harness for that and install it on my seat with a belt inserted? I’ll have a harness-the bar is already in the back and I’m going 5 point.

Any info on the electronics concerning the factory seat would be great. Thanks
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Hey man, working through this myself.

I'm looking through dismantlers to get the seat harness to install the resistor but I have to buy a whole seat set. Do you know of a place to get a seat wiring harness?

I don't want to cut my recaro's as a lot of people shown interest in them.

Thanks!

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Hey man, working through this myself.

I'm looking through dismantlers to get the seat harness to install the resistor but I have to buy a whole seat set. Do you know of a place to get a seat wiring harness?

I don't want to cut my recaro's as a lot of people shown interest in them.

Thanks!
I have a Sparco in place of my driver's seat. I did the resistor thing to keep the airbag light off, and I pulled the harness from the stock seat to plug up for the seat belt and whatever else there was.
I would suggest trying to find a base seat out of a junk yard, ebay, etc and getting the harness of it. Then you can make the seat into an office chair or something like that lol.

I would love to get a set of the stock cloth Recaros to put in my car. At the time (2017) there were never any available second-hand and it ended up being cheaper for me to put the Sparco in. But I still would love to swap Recaros into both driver and passenger side.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I have a Sparco in place of my driver's seat. I did the resistor thing to keep the airbag light off, and I pulled the harness from the stock seat to plug up for the seat belt and whatever else there was.
I would suggest trying to find a base seat out of a junk yard, ebay, etc and getting the harness of it. Then you can make the seat into an office chair or something like that lol.

I would love to get a set of the stock cloth Recaros to put in my car. At the time (2017) there were never any available second-hand and it ended up being cheaper for me to put the Sparco in. But I still would love to swap Recaros into both driver and passenger side.
Thanks man, I'm actually trying to find a wiring harness but all the dismantlers/junk yards want to sell the whole seat. The cheapest one I found was 300 per seat.

I just bought a Sparco QRT-Carbon and want to avoid the whole airbag light thing. I also don't want to cut my recaros as people are inquiring about them.

DM me if you wanna shoot an offer. It comes with the OEM inserts, the Carbon Fiber ones on the seat and I'm gonna throw in the schroth quick fit harness for free.
DSC09267.jpg
_MG_4710.jpg

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
@2morrow I appreciate the offer, man. But shipping from CA to GA would be unreasonable for such large items.
I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling them, though.

BTW: your photo work is outstanding. It's a nice breath of "i tried" on the internet these days.
Sponsored