Sponsored

Electrical Wiring Question for Sparky/Gurus

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Okay, First things first, I'm trying to power source for my digital rear view mirror. I'd prefer to source it using either the power to the map lights (what Ford calls an overhead console) which is close to the mirror. I plan on installing a simple 2-way toggle switch in the plastic console.

My first question is, based off this wiring diagram and the photos of the console, would the yellow with green tracer coming out of the bottom (3rd to the right) pin connector be the appropriate choice?

My second question, on the legs to the lights themselves, which wire is the ground? (The ivory colored solid or the black with yellow tracer)?

My third question is, does anyone know the complete operational sequence from the BCM for this power source? Correct me if I'm wrong. The BCM should provide power with accessory on or ignition and continue to provide power after ignition and accessory off, but have a timer to eventually turn it off (i.e. if you happen to leave you map light on, doesn't it go off after a certain amount of time leaving the car?). Obviously I'll have the switch to turn the digital display on/off, but I want a source that won't run the battery down if I forget.

Thanks for your help guys.
pwrdist22.jpg
Overhead Console Wiring Cable 1.jpg
Overhead Console Wiring Cable 2.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I found the diagram for the body side of the pin connector, it's black with a violet tracer as ground.
grounds04.jpg