EcoSnake, 2015 Guard EB PP :)

SeventhWard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SeventhWard
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT
EcoSnake! Great car, great thread! Curious about that factory head unit. You're running your speakers AND subwoofer off of your new Rockford Fosgate amplifier. Nice. Did the factory head unit have a pre-amp output or did your installer have to use another method to get signal to your new amp? Thanks!

-SeventhWard
Sponsored

OP
OP
EcoSnake

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
EcoSnake! Great car, great thread! Curious about that factory head unit. You're running your speakers AND subwoofer off of your new Rockford Fosgate amplifier. Nice. Did the factory head unit have a pre-amp output or did your installer have to use another method to get signal to your new amp? Thanks!

-SeventhWard

Thank you, my installer had to splice into the outlets and adapt them to amp out. I think you can see them in the picture below.

OP
OP
EcoSnake

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
FYI all wires are the same colors as in the 2014 mustangs. Saves time if you have that info available.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Can you elaborate on the rear mic being disabled please?

Sponsored

OP
OP
EcoSnake

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
Supertones on a mustang is just wrong. Subies only :doh:
Even if they are left over from my STi? They're getting removed in January once the bigger FMIC and oil cooler are installed. I like them more on the mustang though. Need them to clear the path sometimes.

mustangman'15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt to be
Like the mods you've done so far! You mentioned earlier that you'd post some DIY instructions for the speaker replacement, will you still be able to post them?

OP
OP
EcoSnake

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
Like the mods you've done so far! You mentioned earlier that you'd post some DIY instructions for the speaker replacement, will you still be able to post them?
Ended up being absent for most of the install. Sorry I'm probably not going to do a diy. Any questions just ask, I can find out from my friend that did the work.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EcoSnake

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
Ordered Eibach sport line springs from cjpp. My christmas gift to myself lol. Also ordered some hood stripes. Waiting for the TSW Bathurst wheels to become available.

Heinoceros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
I did the speaker replacement myself. Its actually not that bad, you dont need a pro to do it. (i am talking only about the speakers. The head unit looks way nastier)

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14228

it looks like he used a high signal (speaker level) to low signal (rca inputs) converter (i dont recognize that unit, so i may be completely wrong about that, but it looks like its converting all 4 inputs) , and you dont actually need to go into the dash to use one of those (i know you had other reasons to go in there, but for folks just looking at adding an amp and speakers, they can leave it alone) . In fact, the stock rear speakers are essentially delivering the rear channels right to your amp location already. I only pulled the one set, and am handling balance on the amp, which is a bit of a cop-out. What you did is better, but a lot harder.

I am debating whether to install a sub. How big a deal is the sub to your sound system? I am using the alpine 6.5s (their mid priced 80watt RMS speakers) and they deliver a surprising amount of bass already. Do you think i am missing out here? i didnt buy a 5 channel amp, so i would have to buy another small one channel sub woofer amp.

OP
OP
EcoSnake

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
I did the speaker replacement myself. Its actually not that bad, you dont need a pro to do it. (i am talking only about the speakers. The head unit looks way nastier)

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14228

it looks like he used a high signal (speaker level) to low signal (rca inputs) converter (i dont recognize that unit, so i may be completely wrong about that, but it looks like its converting all 4 inputs) , and you dont actually need to go into the dash to use one of those (i know you had other reasons to go in there, but for folks just looking at adding an amp and speakers, they can leave it alone) . In fact, the stock rear speakers are essentially delivering the rear channels right to your amp location already. I only pulled the one set, and am handling balance on the amp, which is a bit of a cop-out. What you did is better, but a lot harder.

I am debating whether to install a sub. How big a deal is the sub to your sound system? I am using the alpine 6.5s (their mid priced 80watt RMS speakers) and they deliver a surprising amount of bass already. Do you think i am missing out here? i didnt buy a 5 channel amp, so i would have to buy another small one channel sub woofer amp.
We used 2 converters directly off the back of the head unit where the signal is strongest. The second one is under the other in the photo. Installing the amp and sub wiring was easy once we found out what goes where. :)

The 10" subwoofer defiantly makes it sound a lot better. I should of got the 12" version, I think it will fit better than the 10".

OP
OP
EcoSnake

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
What seats did you end up getting? I'm looking to trade in my BRZ in the spring, and was wondering if the stock seats are ok compared to your FRS, or if I should really be looking at the Recaros for a similar feel.
I like the base seats in the mustang better than the FR-S and STi seats. Good amount of side support and much more comfortable. Haven't seen or sat in the Recaros yet. I would guess they are similar to the BRZ Recaros, but look wider.

OP
OP
EcoSnake

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
Reserved for new pictures of car with lowering springs and hood stripes. 1/11/15
Sponsored

Last edited: