Ecoboost PP Chin Splitter?

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I've been wanting a chin splitter for my Ecoboost PP for a while now, but it seems that nobody makes one for this trim level.

I'm totally ok with converting to the GT (PP?) splitter and adding an aftermarket splitter like the APR splitter, but I'm curious what modifications must be made...

To get the GT splitter, I'll need a new belly pan, correct? I should get the GT PP splitter and belly pan?

What mods will need to be made to make the GT splitter work on an Ecoboost PP and are there issues to be aware of?

Also, once I have the GT splitter and belly pan on, installation of an aftermarket chin splitter should go smoothly?

Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
APR makes a non GT Performance Pack splitter. Heres a thread that someone made on it: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28236

Yes, the GT Performance Splitter requires a new belly pan. I think theres been some people that have modified their existing belly pan but its probably easier to just get the one made for that splitter.

If you do not want to deal with any of that, you could just get the California Special splitter. That's the route I decided to take. Heres a thread on it: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50994

30070506175_1818917b7d_c.jpg

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
OP
OP
whokilledkaji

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
APR makes a non GT Performance Pack splitter. Heres a thread that someone made on it: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28236

Yes, the GT Performance Splitter requires a new belly pan. I think theres been some people that have modified their existing belly pan but its probably easier to just get the one made for that splitter.

If you do not want to deal with any of that, you could just get the California Special splitter. That's the route I decided to take. Heres a thread on it: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50994

30070506175_1818917b7d_c.jpg
Thanks for this info!
A lot of the pics in that thread don't work though... I'd love to see them!

Sponsored

OP
OP
whokilledkaji

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
CJ Pony Parts has a new splitter by California Pony Cars that seems like it might work on the Ecoboost PP. I think the Ecoboost PP has the same oem splitter and belly pan as the base GT, but I wonder if anybody can confirm?

I emailed CJPP, left a question on their website and emailed California Pony Cars directly, but no response from anybody yet.

OP
OP
whokilledkaji

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I finally got my California Pony Cars Splitter installed on my Ecoboost PP.
(Yes, I know I have a GT Grill!)
Installation was a breeze and I love how this splitter looks!
Lot's of compliments on it!!!
IMG_7457.jpg
IMG_7458.jpg

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
I finally got my California Pony Cars Splitter installed on my Ecoboost PP.
(Yes, I know I have a GT Grill!)
Installation was a breeze and I love how this splitter looks!
Lot's of compliments on it!!!
That is awesome. About to install the CS splitter on mine since the bumper is being replaced. I might just get the GT bumper with it on there like yours. Looks great.

Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I like that California Pony Cars Splitter, looks like an APR but not carbon fiber.

OP
OP
whokilledkaji

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
That is awesome. About to install the CS splitter on mine since the bumper is being replaced. I might just get the GT bumper with it on there like yours. Looks great.
My upper and lower grills are from the GT, but the bumper, splitter and everything else is stock Ecoboost.

Glad you like it!!!
Sponsored