Sponsored

2019 California Special to PP2 chin splitter

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
1. Will PP2 Chin spoiler affect angled driveway entries, standard sidewalk curbs impact?
2. Do I already have the PP1 spoiler with California Special?
3. Suggested manufacture, yes there is always the possibility I will exceed 140mph
Having a California Special I really don't want to take away the special design features of the car. Being black i think it will not be noticed as out of place, but add aggression.
Any one with photo of black mustang with PP2 chin spoiler?
Car is not lowered but does have 20mm spacers
Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I owned a low rider when I was young, so I take steep driveways and parking lots at an angle with the PP2 package. I still rub the bottom every now and then. but no big deal. I tend to back into parking spots with high curbs, but it will clear your standard concrete parking space bumpers, just odd ball high curbs you need to watch out for if there is no bumper to stop you.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
1. Will PP2 Chin spoiler affect angled driveway entries, standard sidewalk curbs impact?
2. Do I already have the PP1 spoiler with California Special?
3. Suggested manufacture, yes there is always the possibility I will exceed 140mph
Having a California Special I really don't want to take away the special design features of the car. Being black i think it will not be noticed as out of place, but add aggression.
Any one with photo of black mustang with PP2 chin spoiler?
Car is not lowered but does have 20mm spacers
Here's a Shadow Black PP2 in a big PP2 thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/pp2-real-life-pictures.99588/page-17#post-2219493

I think if you keep your stock wheels/tires, you'll sit a little higher than a PP2 - the 305/30's that come on the PP2 are close to an inch shorter than a typical GT tire, so that will help ground clearance. I think - but I'm not positive - that the CS has the same stock splitter as the GT PP1, and that's what the PP2 splitter bolts to. There's more to the swap than just the lower splitter piece, but your car may have most of the parts already. Vorshlag did a full write up on converting a base GT to the PP2 specs:
https://www.vorshlag.com/forums/for...aero-body/58939-2018-mustang-gt-pp2-undertray

OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for information

OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
End results, purchsed eBay PP2 front splitter which installed under my PP1 splitter. Also installed Drake rear splitters. Purchased Drake side splitters but have not installed yet.
Photonot the best, car dirty,windy and sun setting behind car

20210118_164857.jpg

20210118_164804.jpg

Sponsored

SC_Titan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
End results, purchsed eBay PP2 front splitter which installed under my PP1 splitter. Also installed Drake rear splitters. Purchased Drake side splitters but have not installed yet.
Photonot the best, car dirty,windy and sun setting behind car

20210118_164857.jpg

20210118_164804.jpg
Is the PP2 splitter “bolt-on” for a C/S with the pp1 splitter already there?

OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it was an easy bolt on. I added extra hardware to make a tighter fit and to secure better at high speeds.

A note about the Drake side splitters. Disappointing mounting system. The 3M tape was installed in wrong place so you see the edge of 3M tape. Again I had to add rivets to get a good fit.
The 3M tape was so puney it would never have worked if placed in proper place. I really dislike seeing edge of tape. Tape should have been thicker and mounted further under car.
Sponsored