Ecoboost Low RPM

Adf020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang ecoboost premium automatic convertible
Hey guys, I have a 2018 ecoboost automatic convertible with 11.2k miles on the car. I have noticed some weird stalling/hesitation when I start the car up and start driving at low RPM and low speed (~10mph). So it happened twice so far. The first time, I got home from work and put the car in the garage, about an hour and a half later I went to take the car to the store, turn the car on, pull it out of the garage (i drive in sport/spot+ mode most of the time), and lightly press on the accelerator pedal, as soon as I did this the engine felt like it was dying/surging/vibrating. I immediately limped it back to the garage and put it up on jack stands. I changed the spark plugs and poked around to see if the wheels had any play in them (they did not). So I took it down 2-3 days later and drove it for around 5 days without issue. Last night the same thing happened again, but not as violent as the first time. This is the first time I used a type of gas other than costco 93 octane. I put in Chevron 93 octane and put in royal purple max atomizer, do you think the car is freaking out because it has fuel that it isn't used to or is this some mechanical issue?

I do have mods on the car:

Airaid CAI
Steeda throttle body spacer
Mishimoto catch can
JMS PedalMAX throttle response enhancer
Mishimoto intercooler
Mishimoto Catted Downpipe
Flowmaster Y-pipe resonator delete
CVF charge pipes (hot and cold side)
Turbosmart BOV
Unleashed Tune

The problems seems to have started a week or so after the install of the mishimoto downpipe. I have no idea if it is related to it, but I do not see how it could be.

I have taken it to Ford and the issue (of course) did not present itself while it was there. I plan on cleaning the MAP sensor, cleaning the PCV hoses on the mishimoto catch can.

I already changed the spark plugs. Do you guys have any idea as to what may be causing this and where I should look to?
Sponsored