Sponsored

Ecoboost High Idle Cold Start

usmctyler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost - Magnetic
Hey guys, my Ecoboost high idles around 1500 rpm's upon cold start for about a minute and then lowers to about 800-900 after it's "warmed up", and it doesn't matter if the A/C is on or the temperature outside. It sounds obnoxious, defintely not normal sounding. It didn't do it when I bought the car six months ago but started soon after I had the factory blow-off valve replaced by Ford after it failed. There's also a clicking sound when the car accelerates (auto transmission) until it gets good and warm, which also started after that. I took it back soon after and they told me it was "normal" but I'm not too sure since it didn't do it before. I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but any advice or insight would sure be appreciated.

*first post* :headbang:
Sponsored

Buhbuhj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
I don't know about the clicking noise but the idle seems pretty normal to me. Mine idles just as high on cold start and after about 10 seconds ill tap the gas and it drops down.

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
Mine idles high on cold start and I believe it's perfectly normal. No different than any other car. It just idles high for a longer period of time than other cars.

OP
OP

usmctyler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost - Magnetic
Yeah I get that it'll high idle for a few seconds but mine is almost a full minute, which didn't do it before. It's gotta be something, right? And the video didn't capture that clicking sound from the motor, which is new.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Every car I've ever owned idles high at cold start, I don't drive mine until it's warm anyways. Driving your car cold will probably make some funky noises until everything is good and ready. Try that.
Sponsored