Sponsored

Ecoboost Exhaust

Mopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello I have seen in the past post that someone putting stock gt mufflers on v6 and I thought it sounded pretty cool. Now the question is has anyone done the same thing on ecoboost?? Putting stock gt mufflers on ecoboost?? I would like to hear how it would sound and if not what would be the best option for me to do as I am leasing one and dont wanna void the warranty by cutting and welding the exhaust. Thank you!
Sponsored

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I apologize that I can't answer any of your questions but I have two stock GT mufflers laying around that I would like to sell if you decide to go through with the conversion.

OP
OP

Mopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I apologize that I can't answer any of your questions but I have two stock GT mufflers laying around that I would like to sell if you decide to go through with the conversion.
Ok I will let you know!

Reactions: QRK

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
No matter what if you only swap the mufflers you will have to cut the exhaust

Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
I heard there are some bolt ons ones
It's possibly a bolt-on on the V6 as they have headers on the left and right sides coming down into the center resonator, so it matches the V8 configuration.

The Eco only has one pipe entering the center resonator, so it won't be bolt on.

Just buy a full cat-back, no cutting of anything needed there, and when your lease is up stick the stock exhaust back in.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I heard there are some bolt ons ones
What he means is that the stock cat-back is all one piece welded together from the factory so if you want to replace the stock mufflers you would have to cut and clamp or weld the new set in place. Makes for a more difficult install.

Thanks Mishimoto for the good picture.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Thought Ford made the GT350 dual outlet mufflers/rear fascia available for the Ecoboost? :thumbsup: (IIRC, you have to have the premium rear two piece bumper...)

Here's the reference:

http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=7822
Sponsored