Ecoboost EU fog light delete 2015+

LPKitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hi guys, I've seen a few posts about fog light deletes where they've replaced the fog lights with a little plastic mould which looks much better.

However I'm wondering what they then do with the open connections from the fog light? Does the ECU bring up an error? Is a resistor used where the connection for the fog light used to be?

Had my 2017 ecoboost for nearly 3 years now and from day one wanted to changed those disgusting little yellow lights.
Sponsored

AstroKeith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Auto
I changed the bulbs in mine to LED, that made them look a whole lot better. You can also replace the whole fog/drl unit for an aftermarket one.
If you delete the fog light what will you do for DRLs?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the following done:
1) replaced the DRL bulb with a LED. However over time hated the fog light down there, and another owner in Mustangs Unleashed 3d printed and developed a...
2) "brake cooling kit" which basically deleted the entire fog section, and replaces with a massive duct that feeds to the back of the brakes to cool them.

In both scenarios, there were no error codes, I've taped the fog connector up and weather proofed it, and the DRL lived feed has been spliced into the sidelights which also run my DD tri-bars (pre MY18 car) lights. Front fog lights are not required for an MOT, and a DRL is required, however if you delete the unit, you can just DRL onto the sidelights and the light will act as a DRL.

OP
OP

LPKitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I've had the following done:
1) replaced the DRL bulb with a LED. However over time hated the fog light down there, and another owner in Mustangs Unleashed 3d printed and developed a...
2) "brake cooling kit" which basically deleted the entire fog section, and replaces with a massive duct that feeds to the back of the brakes to cool them.

In both scenarios, there were no error codes, I've taped the fog connector up and weather proofed it, and the DRL lived feed has been spliced into the sidelights which also run my DD tri-bars (pre MY18 car) lights. Front fog lights are not required for an MOT, and a DRL is required, however if you delete the unit, you can just DRL onto the sidelights and the light will act as a DRL.

This answers my question perfectly. See when you leave the lights on automatic, that's when the fog lights are usually on obviously. I've also installed the tribar sequential system into my front lights and I'm wondering if there's a way to connect them so that when the lights are on automatic the white lights from the tribar will come on?

OP
OP

LPKitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
FR3Z17E811BA is the left side fog delete panel
FR3Z17E810BA is the right side

They're the fog light deletes I'm wanting!

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This answers my question perfectly. See when you leave the lights on automatic, that's when the fog lights are usually on obviously. I've also installed the tribar sequential system into my front lights and I'm wondering if there's a way to connect them so that when the lights are on automatic the white lights from the tribar will come on?
There is, you run the live wire from the DRL to the live wire of your tri-bars, that'll make them be the 'drls' (or work on automatic)
This is my fog delete:
ebdu2yCrmUk3trgv6cy6bkHuFrawIvfG29dmH71PWh0pzg35D054BFQsztFEs5sQseLE-Owcq&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

and this is it on "automatic" lights (aka drls)

vgZfld39KCTH88i61vi7pItoAvYFdTDhwzvg3MGuLEyhMUJ8hVEg0WgT5J9eodLYlmLfw363U&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

OP
OP

LPKitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
There is, you run the live wire from the DRL to the live wire of your tri-bars, that'll make them be the 'drls' (or work on automatic)
This is my fog delete:
ebdu2yCrmUk3trgv6cy6bkHuFrawIvfG29dmH71PWh0pzg35D054BFQsztFEs5sQseLE-Owcq&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

and this is it on "automatic" lights (aka drls)

vgZfld39KCTH88i61vi7pItoAvYFdTDhwzvg3MGuLEyhMUJ8hVEg0WgT5J9eodLYlmLfw363U&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg
That front splitter so aggressive! Look so good.

That fog light delete is so much better than the one I posted, where are you getting that mesh fitting with the split above it?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That front splitter so aggressive! Look so good.

That fog light delete is so much better than the one I posted, where are you getting that mesh fitting with the split above it?
Haha thank you! the splitters totally custom.

The fog light delete kit is from this chap:
https://www.instagram.com/trackdave_c/
He does them in matched hex patterns like the car has, or blanked out where you can fill it with mesh (which is what i opted to do to match my grilles).

The 'split' is just from aliexpress. It's an indicator winglet.

OP
OP

LPKitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Haha thank you! the splitters totally custom.

The fog light delete kit is from this chap:
https://www.instagram.com/trackdave_c/
He does them in matched hex patterns like the car has, or blanked out where you can fill it with mesh (which is what i opted to do to match my grilles).

The 'split' is just from aliexpress. It's an indicator winglet.

Dude I've just found your insta, you have trimmed your car to absolute death! Amazing, what model is yours? Is it the ecoboost and you've just put quad exhausts and changed the badges?!

Total envy, I've had mine for nearly 3 years now and all I've done is put the Roush catback exhausts on it so far!

OP
OP

LPKitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
A
Dude I've just found your insta, you have trimmed your car to absolute death! Amazing, what model is yours? Is it the ecoboost and you've just put quad exhausts and changed the badges?!

Total envy, I've had mine for nearly 3 years now and all I've done is put the Roush catback exhausts on it so far!
Apologies it's an axle back not a cat back!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Steve Mander is the Ecoboost Mod God, if you can think of it, he's probably done it :crackup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

It is indeed an ecoboost. Quad exhaust tips (gt350 diffuser) MF comp cat back (modded to fit quads), with a Cobb 3" (modded) downpipe, custom splitter, custom grilles (Standard GT grilles painted gloss black with a tri bar badge).

As kristian says, if there's a mod, i've probably done it to my car lol! (and if not to mine, someone elses!)

OP
OP

LPKitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Wish I'd gotten on to these forums a long time ago! What would you say the first 5 performance upgrades should be (apologies this isn't relevant for the thread title). I've everywhere people say exchaust, air intake and a remap. What are your thoughts? Having done and tried near enough everything!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Wish I'd gotten on to these forums a long time ago! What would you say the first 5 performance upgrades should be (apologies this isn't relevant for the thread title). I've everywhere people say exchaust, air intake and a remap. What are your thoughts? Having done and tried near enough everything!
First 5?
Plugs
Catch can
Intercooler
Intake (Air raid MIT, KN filter/AFE filter (you pick), and velossatec ram air intake)
Downpipe + TUNE (the ones above you can do without a tune)

OP
OP

LPKitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
L
First 5?
Plugs
Catch can
Intercooler
Intake (Air raid MIT, KN filter/AFE filter (you pick), and velossatec ram air intake)
Downpipe + TUNE (the ones above you can do without a tune)
Let's for a second just pretend I know near to nothing about customisation...

By plugs do you mean spark plugs?
What will a catch can do?
I read that an intercooler is only really necessary when you start getting into stage 2 maps when you're working the car that much more?

Looked at a downpipe but am afraid it might actually be too loud, the roush axle back creates a surprising amount of noise!
Sponsored