LPKitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hi folks

Long story short took my headlights to ford to be split and have the tribar sequential kit fitted, they ofcourse completely fucked it up and now I have cracked headlights and regularly fogs badly. Anyone selling or know of where/who to get some new/used headlights from?
Sponsored

Deleted member

Hi folks

Long story short took my headlights to ford to be split and have the tribar sequential kit fitted, they ofcourse completely fucked it up and now I have cracked headlights and regularly fogs badly. Anyone selling or know of where/who to get some new/used headlights from?
Ebay all day

Sponsored

Deleted member

Oops, god knows what I was searching for, was hoping to get a friend of a friend kinda deal to get it cheaper! 5 ton is a fair wedge! Nice one for putting that link though!
Lol i was gonna say "how is he not finding anything" and ya it sucks, our headlights aren't cheap.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
First question: how on earth did you convince Ford to even have a crack at it? Seriously, I was shocked to read that.

Second: how fucked? Is it the actual clear plastic or the housing?

Third: I know a guy that can probably save them - depending on what state they are in. Would be your cheapest option and he's done a few sets now.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
if the cracking is bad, you maybe able to wetsand them down.

If the cracking isn't, you maybe able to just ignore them, if you can.

In terms of fixing the "condensation" i've been there, but, if you use Sikaflex (after reopening the lights yourself and drying them out) you can seal them completley, and then using high temp expoxy you can cover the wiring exits.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Seriously? A Ford dealer fit this for you?!

If that’s true then take them back there and get them to sort it!

OP
OP

LPKitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Kristian87 - they're cracked over the top (only visible when you lift the bonnet! I genuinely didn't even have to pester them, I asked them if they could do it and their engineer clearly saw it as a challenge and turns out he was in way over his head. Where's your guy based,

Manders - yet again helping me out! I've had two people look at them and they've said they're pretty fucked!

Adam83 - don't even start my boy, I've been through every complaint portal with them, through their branch, through ford and with Pendragon, 'apparently' I knew it would void the warranty in the lights (I didn't, but if they'd done it properly I wouldn't care about this) and they're not taking any accountability for the fogging or the cracks.

I'll take some pictures in the morning for ya'll to have a look at and judge for yourselves. Be warned, it ain't pretty!

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Kristian87 - they're cracked over the top (only visible when you lift the bonnet! I genuinely didn't even have to pester them, I asked them if they could do it and their engineer clearly saw it as a challenge and turns out he was in way over his head. Where's your guy based,

Manders - yet again helping me out! I've had two people look at them and they've said they're pretty fucked!

Adam83 - don't even start my boy, I've been through every complaint portal with them, through their branch, through ford and with Pendragon, 'apparently' I knew it would void the warranty in the lights (I didn't, but if they'd done it properly I wouldn't care about this) and they're not taking any accountability for the fogging or the cracks.

I'll take some pictures in the morning for ya'll to have a look at and judge for yourselves. Be warned, it ain't pretty!
Fogging can be solved by adding some gel sachets in the back of the lamps, you know the ones that say “do not eat” on them.

OP
OP

LPKitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Right here you fellas. Hopefully they're clear enough!
IMG_20190921_144706.jpg
IMG_20190921_144702.jpg
IMG_20190921_144659.jpg
IMG_20190921_144652.jpg
IMG_20190921_144643.jpg
IMG_20190921_144638.jpg

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
And the award for dirtiest engine bay of the year goes to...........:cwl:

Christ those lights are bad, if you can try adding some more sealer to the cracks and tidy up the existing sealer you could add some black vinyl over the top where the cracks are, will at least tidy it up and hide the cracks.

OP
OP

LPKitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
And the award for dirtiest engine bay of the year goes to...........:cwl:

Christ those lights are bad, if you can try adding some more sealer to the cracks and tidy up the existing sealer you could add some black vinyl over the top where the cracks are, will at least tidy it up and hide the cracks.
Gosh how embarrassing! Should probably give it a scrub... I wanna fix them not just cover up fords massacre!

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Those lights will need to be completely disassembled, all existing sealer removed and then everything resealed properly based on what gifts are left behind.

Anybody saying apply more sealer or anything else other than the above is having a laugh.

Im even wondering if they cut the entire top lip off the channel on the lights. The amount of liquid you have in there, you would need some pretty big gel packs to absorb.

Problem you have is time. If it wasn't a daily, it wouldn't be too bad as winter is around the corner.
Sponsored