EcoBoost cobb

Jayecoboost15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost 15
I have a 2015 EcoBoost mustang with straight pipe (cats on) CAI and installed cobb v3 stage 1 and when i floor it the car chokes around 5pm like pulls back wondering if anyone has experienced this issue
Sponsored

Deleted member

I have a 2015 EcoBoost mustang with straight pipe (cats on) CAI and installed cobb v3 stage 1 and when i floor it the car chokes around 5pm like pulls back wondering if anyone has experienced this issue
Yes these cars are not known for pulling all the way to redline, we have a very small stock turbo and it becomes a choke point at about 5k rpm and above, there are some mods you can do to help mitigate this and help the stock turbo breath the best it can.

First thing you need to do is get an intercooler, your charge temps by the time you are getting above 5k are going to start to rise significantly, after a few pulls the joke of the stock intercooler will be heat soaked causing you to loose power.

Start with an intercooler, then get a custom tune to replace the canned stage 1 cobb tune, if thats not enough get a downpipe and a higher psi waste gate actuator, past that other bolt ons wont net you much gain above 5k rpm until you go with a bigger turbo.

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
I have everything you can bolt without replacing the stock turbo. The biggest difference I have had in regards to higher rpm drop offs is the turbosmart wastegate with a 14psi spring. It now holds 25 to 26 psi to redline. Before that it would drop a couple psi in the top end. Now it holds steady.
Sponsored