Ecoboost and Sport+ Mode / Who uses it?

PeterParker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 4T Premium, 2018 Mazda 6 GTR
EB in Sport+ mode. Who uses it and why? How often and when?
Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I used it all the time when I owned a EB.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
When i had my eco. It was used 95% of the time the other 5% was track or drag never did i drive in normal until i got the FP tune and it no longer felt needed to not feel like a dog. I never use it in the GT and rarely use track or Drag but will sometimes.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Never. But I have a manual so "Sport" mode is just an aggressive throttle map that feels silly.

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboost - Pre-Production #280 Product Planning & Styling Vehicle
Vehicle Showcase
I use it mostly in town. Just seems like a better RPM in town. But, I've used it a lot on the hiway as well.

Sponsored

Turbo2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang manual ecoboostconvertible
I use it 65% of time, just for the agressivity. The other 35% time , I use normal mode with comfort wheel, mostly highway.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I have a GT so unfortunately I can’t
Drive in sport mode? Sure you can. But it has a different affect on things when you have to plan on keeping turbos spooled. Coyotes make the same power at WOT regardless of where it was a second ago. That being said, I generally just keep things spooled with a partial lift on shifts though the timing takes practice. Sport mode just takes away any hope of finesse and turns the throttle into a blunt weapon.

MakoShark

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2.3 EcoBoost Fastback
Normal 60% of time, Sport 40% of time. When I drive from one traffic light to another or I am stuck in the traffic, there absolutely is no need to switch to Sport. However when I drive uphill, keeping the engine on higher RPM and lower gear feels much better. Also when I am overtaking or someone tries to drag me with their Golf, I switch to Sport. Same when I drive windy roads. But unless the engine is heated up and driven for at least 10 minutes, I never switch to Sport, no matter what the situation is.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Drive in sport mode? Sure you can. But it has a different affect on things when you have to plan on keeping turbos spooled. Coyotes make the same power at WOT regardless of where it was a second ago. That being said, I generally just keep things spooled with a partial lift on shifts though the timing takes practice. Sport mode just takes away any hope of finesse and turns the throttle into a blunt weapon.
This is dependent on if you have the handling pack and an automatic trans. It changes the magneride and shift points.
Sponsored