Sponsored

Ebay selling

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I separately sold a set of 255 PZERO's I took off my car on ebay. I don't drive my car much so I have at this point, maybe 3K miles. Got a gift of a set of PS4S's.
I maybe had 1800 miles on the PZERO's and never curbed or ran into anything. I drive like an old man and at this point, I'm not that far away.
Buyer contacts me stating that BOTH tires left and right, have been curbed with knots in the sidewall and he wants to return both.
I'm amazed.
Sponsored

Redemptory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samuel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6SPD Magnetic Metallic
Tell him to install them the other way around on the wheels and try not to curb that side too. :facepalm:

OP
OP
IPOGT

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tell him to install them the other way around on the wheels and try not to curb that side too. :facepalm:
It's pretty bizarre actually. Could even be the tire shop trying to sell tires.. who knows.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
It might be a scam. Buyer complains of seller sending rashed wheels, when in fact the buyer has a set of rashed rims that he claims are the ones he purchased and makes a complaint. He gets a set of nice rims and the seller has to take back a set of the buyers damaged rims. That's why I ALWAYS take detailed photos of the items that I sell and ship.

There are some scum bags out there that will buy a new parts kit, make a return claim and keep the good parts and return used parts. Good luck with handling this guy, Ebay will typically side with the buyer if the seller does not have solid proof.

OP
OP
IPOGT

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the tire shop is inexperienced. Thinking back, I remember the dealer balancing my tires shortly after receiving them and saying there was slight manufacturing indentations in the sidewall of the Pirellis.
They told me it wasn't a safety issue just cosmetic. I drove with them and never had an issue.
Maybe the tire shop didn't know the difference and told them it was bad?
Anyhow I refunded him. Told him to keep the tires. Am I a sucker, .....maybe. Just not worth the aggravation.
Thanks.

Redemptory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samuel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6SPD Magnetic Metallic
I think the tire shop is inexperienced. Thinking back, I remember the dealer balancing my tires shortly after receiving them and saying there was slight manufacturing indentations in the sidewall of the Pirellis.
They told me it wasn't a safety issue just cosmetic. I drove with them and never had an issue.
Maybe the tire shop didn't know the difference and told them it was bad?
Anyhow I refunded him. Told him to keep the tires. Am I a sucker, .....maybe. Just not worth the aggravation.
Thanks.
It sucks, but at the end of the day you're sure not to hear from him again. That's why I sell all my parts in person and make sure to show the buyer all the imperfections. Usually in a Walmart parking lot lol.
Sponsored