EB Subforum participation dwindling.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I've noticed that there's not much going on here as of late and the recent debacle on the HiPo threads has me wondering if EB owners have just gotten tired of trying to have a reasonable conversation on this sight due to someone coming along and crapping all over it.

I'm a fairly thick skinned and reasonable type and like a good joke but Im getting a bit tired of all the same old tired put downs of the platform when trying to have an interesting conversation.

FB seems to have plenty of activity, but it's a hard read for different reasons.

Anyone else feel the same? Or has the platform interest just run its coarse?
Sponsored

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
More traffic on the other forum,, this one is dominated by GT.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Basically we're in a known state, not much is changing in Ecoboost land so there's less to talk about.

On facebook 3/4 of the threads are "what are the best first mods".

Ive found facebook to be busier in general to these forums the whole time.

I really want a good E85 kit thats a pump and injectors (plus whatevers needed for those) in a kit thats not port injection, I hope it comes soon.

But, our block being limited by being open deck also limits the possabilities, GT side they have a lot more (superchargers, turbos, prochargers, etc)

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
Yeah for example after I went FBO and got tuned there''s much less to discuss sincce I'm not about to go into built blocks and what not.

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Theres a FB group called "Let's break some Ecoboosts" and its dedicated to pushing the platform to its absolute limits. No talk about first mods ect....this is balls to the walls discussions.

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Coming up on 5 years for this platform and not a whole lot new parts being introduced. Its summer people are out doing stuff and not worring about their cars.
Nothing new under the sun,

hey but I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Most of the guys I know locally that were into EcoBoosts have traded into S197 or S550 5.0's as I also traded in my Livernois built SHO in when I ordered my GT. There comes a point when you're money ahead to just go to a faster platform. I will say if our EcoVert pops the motor, I'll put a upgraded shortblock in it and keep pushing it.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Theres a FB group called "Let's break some Ecoboosts" and its dedicated to pushing the platform to its absolute limits. No talk about first mods ect....this is balls to the walls discussions.
Problem is when my EB is my daily, FBO with a safe limits tune is the upper limits of what I'm willing to try on the platform. With the way the car valuations came out there's also no sense in changing platforms either. So I bought myself a raceseng shift knob with a reverse lockout to make my interior all nice and shit and I'm done for the time being.

Should I pop an engine I may end up getting a built block but Im really hoping that doesn't happen.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most of the guys I know locally that were into EcoBoosts have traded into S197 or S550 5.0's as I also traded in my Livernois built SHO in when I ordered my GT. There comes a point when you're money ahead to just go to a faster platform. I will say if our EcoVert pops the motor, I'll put a upgraded shortblock in it and keep pushing it.

Yeah I know the sentiment, I was very close recently to switching to an ATS-V or a GT. Then I realized I have bigger priorities... Now I am happy. I will probably get it dynoed at a local shop shortly.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
btw Im not really up on my forum knowledge these days anymore - what was the recent debacle on the HiPo threads?

Sponsored

mainian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB PP
btw Im not really up on my forum knowledge these days anymore - what was the recent debacle on the HiPo threads?
V8's are the "pure" mustang.

It's basically all around the fact that the 2020 hi-pro Ecoboost has a faster 0-60 than the 2015-2017 gt's.

Not going to go into the mechanic's, but basically most driving is done in the lower mph's; therefore, those GTs will be the slow and loud car.

OP
OP
Redcruzer

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
V8's are the "pure" mustang.

It's basically all around the fact that the 2020 hi-pro Ecoboost has a faster 0-60 than the 2015-2017 gt's.

Not going to go into the mechanic's, but basically most driving is done in the lower mph's; therefore, those GTs will be the slow and loud car.

I guess there was some of that. For me it was there is no place for the HiPo because the GT will always be better at everything according to a couple of guys. I find the HiPo to be interesting and I’m looking forward to some actual test drives and real numbers.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Another good resource is the Focus RS forums as they share a lot of the same resources.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I signed up for that group the other day, haven't gotten approval yet. I'm realistically going to just be listening in on the conversations there - my EBPP is my daily, so breaking it is NOT on my list of things to do. I think I can learn a lot from the discussions though, so I'm looking forward to seeing how far folks are going with the EB platform.

As far as my build goes, I've got parts waiting to be installed, so nothing to contribute until my work & life commitments lighten up a bit. In the end, I'm going to wind up with a car that is functionally similar to the 2020 HiPo. Overall pretty mild, but better at everything than the 2018 EBPP I started with.
Sponsored