Sponsored

Dual Dash Gauge Upgrade to LED Read out with RED or Blue Backlighting Recommendations

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Hi Everyone. One of my winter project Is to upgrade my Dual Dash Gauges with LED Readout with a RED or Blue Back lighting. Their are so many choices but wanted to know what members feel works great and Looks great. Thank you for your help.
Doug
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Darn Doug,
You're the one that will be looking at it. What strikes your fancy, some of the digital clusters have programable color choices. I would think the 2019 should have that ?

IMG_0676.jpeg

This is Ford OEM color, fiddled with the colors. However I like the clarity of the read outs, some of the color combos stand out but loose definition .

Point being do what you like, every one has an opinion, including yourself. Yours is alway best and will serve you the best.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Darn Doug,
You're the one that will be looking at it. What strikes your fancy, some of the digital clusters have programable color choices. I would think the 2019 should have that ?

IMG_0676.jpeg

This is Ford OEM color, fiddled with the colors. However I like the clarity of the read outs, some of the color combos stand out but loose definition .

Point being do what you like, every one has an opinion, including yourself. Yours is alway best and will serve you the best.
[/QU
Darn Doug,

IMG_0676.jpeg

Hi. I am talking about the two front gauges on PP1 cars

Screenshot_20201204-224959.png

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh well then, I'd think it would be best to match whatever color the cluster has, tie it all together.

When checking the possible color combos, never noticed if these 2 followed changes made to the cluster.

Maybe some one can chime in that knows. Can't answer that, and not going to play to find out.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
They don’t follow the color of the gauges, they follow the color of the mood lighting in the interior

if your footwells and cup holder are blue, then congratulations, your gauges will be blue

Sponsored

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
They don’t follow the color of the gauges, they follow the color of the mood lighting in the interior

if your footwells and cup holder are blue, then congratulations, your gauges will be blue
I don't like sweeping arm gauges you cannot read while driving. I want numbers on them

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I do not know if you care about if the color matches your car's interior or exterior or if visibility is most important.

I am also into astronomy and one of the things important there is color. If you go with a red background, your eyes can still be very dark adapted and see better at night. Bright light prevents you from seeing dimly lit things in the dark. You want to put the lighting on as low a level as possible so your eye can retain their dark vision.

It was also stated that the eyes have more ability to see amber than red and so you can turn down the brightness more with amber and still see. These are basically the two choices most astronomers use for their tablets, computers and phones at night.

Try amber or red and see which helps you see the best.

http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/...=NO&data_type=GIF&type=SCREEN_GIF&classic=YES

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I do not know if you care about if the color matches your car's interior or exterior or if visibility is most important.

I am also into astronomy and one of the things important there is color. If you go with a red background, your eyes can still be very dark adapted and see better at night. Bright light prevents you from seeing dimly lit things in the dark. You want to put the lighting on as low a level as possible so your eye can retain their dark vision.

It was also stated that the eyes have more ability to see amber than red and so you can turn down the brightness more with amber and still see. These are basically the two choices most astronomers use for their tablets, computers and phones at night.

http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/...=NO&data_type=GIF&type=SCREEN_GIF&classic=YES
That's interesting. Thank you for your suggestion. I will try

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

This is why BMW always uses amber for gauge colors. I keep mine on red and really enjoy it

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Every Navy ship, the internal passage ways that lead outside or on to the flight deck. Have red lighting for the very reason, Frank has mentioned.
Sponsored