Sponsored

Dropped mine off at dealer this morning

snkmug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Orange
I think I would find a way to inject some glue thru the stitching area, before I pulled the whole dash
Sponsored

oustaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2016 Mustang
So if I understand, this problem is only on premier trim mustangs?

OP
OP
lwilliams

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th
I am still waiting. On Friday, they said they should finish on Wednesday.

I told them to go as slowly as needed to make sure it's perfect.

I miss it though. The F150 is a gas guzzler------ 13mpg!

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I am still waiting. On Friday, they said they should finish on Wednesday.

I told them to go as slowly as needed to make sure it's perfect.

I miss it though. The F150 is a gas guzzler------ 13mpg!

I had an F150 for a few days when my car went it to get the dash replaced. It was a new 2015 XLT SuperCrew with only 700 miles, with the base 3.5 V6. It was gutless. I don't know why Ford wouldn't put the 5.0 in any SuperCrew as a base motor and then leave the EcoBoosts as options. That 3.5 did not have the torque to pull that much weight and gas mileage suffered because of it. Plus it was huge, I hated parking it, and it just did not feel connected to the road as a smaller car does.

I called the rental company and asked for a smaller car. They put me in a 2012 Focus that ran like crap. But at least I wasn't driving that boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

OP
OP
lwilliams

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
I had an F150 for a few days when my car went it to get the dash replaced. It was a new 2015 XLT SuperCrew with only 700 miles, with the base 3.5 V6. It was gutless. I don't know why Ford wouldn't put the 5.0 in any SuperCrew as a base motor and then leave the EcoBoosts as options. That 3.5 did not have the torque to pull that much weight and gas mileage suffered because of it. Plus it was huge, I hated parking it, and it just did not feel connected to the road as a smaller car does.

I called the rental company and asked for a smaller car. They put me in a 2012 Focus that ran like crap. But at least I wasn't driving that boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This one does have Ecoboost....and is really fast, especially for a truck. But it is a beast to park and backup. It is very comfortable. But, if I were ever to buy a new truck, this would not be the one. If all this came in a 2x4, standard cab, long bed, normal size truck, then sign me up....rides great.

I can't imagine parking this best in Honolulu....you guys have some tight parking there....until you get to the north side of Oahu...traffic lanes felt narrower there too. I am sure that F150 was a pain to drive there.

OP
OP
lwilliams

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
just keep the F150.
If they'd swap, I'd sell it and buy another 'Stang GT and put money in the bank......sticker on this thing is $59.8K. :eyebulge:

OP
OP
lwilliams

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
AT the end of 9 days now, still don't have my pony back....... :-(

OP
OP
lwilliams

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
The Ford CSR called at 5PM to tell me the dash had been completed. They still have to diagnose the seat backs not cooling. She said I should get it tomorrow. The dealer has to detail the car.

She said she questioned them about the dash replacement, and said the car still looks new inside and out. I will see ..............

Sponsored

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
The Ford CSR called at 5PM to tell me the dash had been completed. They still have to diagnose the seat backs not cooling. She said I should get it tomorrow. The dealer has to detail the car.

She said she questioned them about the dash replacement, and said the car still looks new inside and out. I will see ..............
Hang in there man! Cant wait to see how perfect it looks after this!

I've had my share of :frusty: with my job 1 2012 focus here... we've been there right with ya. For me Ford always came through in the end though. :ford:

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
You mentioned the TPMS sensor re-learn to match tire pressure....did you have one tire that was always reading low? I have one that is 2-3lbs lower than the others. I filled it up but within a day or two it was showing 2-3lbs low. I'm wondering if its the sensor or my tire.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
You mentioned the TPMS sensor re-learn to match tire pressure....did you have one tire that was always reading low? I have one that is 2-3lbs lower than the others. I filled it up but within a day or two it was showing 2-3lbs low. I'm wondering if its the sensor or my tire.
Did you check the tire pressure with a gauge ... maybe it has a slow leak.

OP
OP
lwilliams

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
All 4 tires were displaying equally at 38, 39 or 40, depending on temp. Used a digital tire gauge to measure at valve stem where they were reading 34 psi each.
Sponsored