willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Sorry to hear you have to go through all of this, with a new car there shouldn't be this many issues right off the line

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
please keep us updated! Im dropping mine off for dash replacement week after next. Im pretty nervous about it.

OP
OP
lwilliams

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th
I will get mine back in about an hour. I will update you all with how it went.

I spoke to service manager this morning. He says he went over the inside and out with "white glove treatment" and that it is 100% perfect.

I hope that is the case.

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
All 4 tires were displaying equally at 38, 39 or 40, depending on temp. Used a digital tire gauge to measure at valve stem where they were reading 34 psi each.
Interesting. I only have the old-school stick gauge which I used once and it did not match the car's computer - but I wasn't surprised since it was a stick. Maybe I need to get a digital gauge and check it. Is the re-learn something that only the dealer can do?

Sponsored

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
wow

It never occurred to me to double check the digital computer tire pressure reading. I had that on a GM car but I never verified it. I will from now on.

Man I am so curious if the dash install looks good and undetectable.

OP
OP
lwilliams

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Retrieval Report

1. No scratches, scrapes, cuts, etc. The car, inside and out, looks almost perfect.

2. Almost because - NEW dash has a BUBBLE in almost the same spot...about 2 inches away from where the first one was.

3. PROBLEM--- Sirius radio not working....display says SATELLITE ANTENNA FAULT.

Another new dash is ordered. Taking car in tomorrow morning for the Satellite antenna fault. I bet they did not plug it into the radio!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ WTH !!! That sucks about the replacement dash already has a bubble. Sounds like the spares may suffer the same problem ... not a good thing. :mad:

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
Mustang Retrieval Report
Another new dash is ordered. Taking car in tomorrow morning for the Satellite antenna fault. I bet they did not plug it into the radio!
Aw sorry!

I can't believe they didn't check/see the bubble in the replacement and installed it. :headbonk:

OP
OP
lwilliams

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
The SM said he inspected the new dash and said it did not have the bubble.....guessing that it happened after sitting in the sun.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The SM said he inspected the new dash and said it did not have the bubble.....guessing that it happened after sitting in the sun.
That's not good. I'd be inclined to wait until Ford figures out why they are bubbling and come up with an updated dash to fix the issue. Chances are the spare dashes they are using could do the same thing. I'm kind of glad I have the fake stitched dash pad (non premiere trim dash).

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
Uh oh. I REALLY hope that's not the case because then that means it has the potential to affect many more owners that haven't yet had their cars sit in the sun.

Up to to 3800 miles and haven't yet parked my car under hot sunlight. Actually, I did once for 4 hours, but I had my sunshade propped up so it didn't get direct sunlight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lwilliams

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Update: Saturday morning.....they connected my satellite antenna. Sirius works.

But the SM told me he won't order another dash until talking to Ford CSM because he figures that all the new ones will do the same thing.

CSM is supposed to be calling me too. I will certainly push to get this replaced at least once more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lwilliams

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
The second replacement dash is at the dealer but they still have not called me to have it installed. Could be because they are waiting for a car to let me use. It took 10 days the first time. I hope it takes less time for this one.
Sponsored