Sponsored

Dropped car off at dealer yesterday for a huge list of issues...

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
Mostly body panel alignment issues. Front bumper, doors, trunk lid, etc. Also the cooled seats, a rattle behind the driver side seat, and a couple other things. It was supposed to get a new dash installed, theyve had the on ethey ordered for me in stock for a while now. But with so many dashboards going bad, i told them to wait and see if ford addresses the process they use to manufacture the dash before replacing it. That way I wouldnt be bringing it in in two more months with the same issue.
I hope the shit goes well, it is a shame ford has so many issues with these cars. But Im hoping they can get it all fixed.
Fingers crossed....
Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mostly body panel alignment issues. Front bumper, doors, trunk lid, etc. Also the cooled seats, a rattle behind the driver side seat, and a couple other things. It was supposed to get a new dash installed, theyve had the on ethey ordered for me in stock for a while now. But with so many dashboards going bad, i told them to wait and see if ford addresses the process they use to manufacture the dash before replacing it. That way I wouldnt be bringing it in in two more months with the same issue.
I hope the shit goes well, it is a shame ford has so many issues with these cars. But Im hoping they can get it all fixed.
Fingers crossed....
UAW quality mang. :crazy:

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
UAW quality mang. :crazy:
^^This... :first:

Damn unions do not do enough to get rid of the lazy & inept workers & do not do enough to reward the great ones. That sh!t logic just doesn't make sense. :shrug:

OP, inspect your car thoroughly before & after and hope your ride comes back home unscathed. Even the best of them manage to always f@ck something up. :tsk:

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
^^This... :first:

Damn unions do not do enough to get rid of the lazy & inept workers & do not do enough to reward the great ones. That sh!t logic just doesn't make sense. :shrug:

OP, inspect your car thoroughly before & after and hope your ride comes back home unscathed. Even the best of them manage to f@ck something up.:tsk:

I work at a UAW plant in NC. Luckily NC is a Right to work state where you don't have to pay the extortion dues if you choose not to join. I have many stories about worthless workers getting their jobs back. One example is a guy who was a drug addict, driving a forklift, passed out, and backed into a pole.. the whole while had his foot on the throttle. He could have killed someone.

The "UAW" drug policy is as such:

Fail a drug test, you have to be admitted to a drug treatment program, and are given a final warning. Which you would think, no more chances.....

WRONG... do it again... ANOTHER final warning.... They are a joke. Worthless drug addicts have no place in a manufacturing environment.

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
I don't think the UAW generalization is fair. Unless if you've actually spent some time in a plant (which I have as a systems engineer), you won't realize just tight their working tolerances actually are. Many people are working multiple stations because corporate decided it wasn't enough budget.

Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't think the UAW generalization is fair. Unless if you've actually spent some time in a plant (which I have as a systems engineer), you won't realize just tight their working tolerances actually are. Many people are working multiple stations because corporate decided it wasn't enough budget.
Well, I work in a manufacturing environment, and the production workers are very good at getting on "Materials downtime" on work orders, so they won't have to meet their production. Don't dare jump on them about it though.... no way... that UAW rep will have your butt... what a joke. They enable laziness by protecting the jobs of the lazy.

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
I can only comment on the Ford plants, but the workers there get yelled at if their just a few seconds late

simple06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Sorry to hear OP. These are great cars but too many have issues.

I still love mine, but have flaws like I have never before with a new car. They are minor but they are there.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Poor quality!

Fingers crossed....
Only thinking that FORD is actually shipping these cars out of the plant with all these issues is unbelievable! I am to 99.9% sure that the panel alignment issue will not be fixed at your dealer. My dealer had to put my Mustang on to a frame stand to measure the car on a couple points. The top was "still in the limits..." as the shop reported but the floor was completely out of the limits. My dealer didn't allow me to make a copy of this FORD document. But on page 7 it showed over 7 points marked in red.

That was the point my dealer bought the car back. I couldn't get my down payment back because I had to switch into another FORD as my CSM "suggested" so I wouldn't lose my money. That's actually for my wife and me the only thing what puts us into another FORD (2015 F150 truck).

If the dealer would had given us back our money - 100% we wouldn't drive any FORD vehicle in life! Driving a 2.7 EB with start-stop feature, we still use 1/2 a gallon more than our 3.6 VCCT Jeep GC. Again. Biggest joke is the sticker on the window FORD is putting on. "Made with American pride...." They all must smoke a lot of crack at the offices & plants! :rant:

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Only thinking that FORD is actually shipping these cars out of the plant with all these issues is unbelievable! I am to 99.9% sure that the panel alignment issue will not be fixed at your dealer. My dealer had to put my Mustang on to a frame stand to measure the car on a couple points. The top was "still in the limits..." as the shop reported but the floor was completely out of the limits. My dealer didn't allow me to make a copy of this FORD document. But on page 7 it showed over 7 points marked in red.

That was the point my dealer bought the car back. I couldn't get my down payment back because I had to switch into another FORD as my CSM "suggested" so I wouldn't lose my money. That's actually for my wife and me the only thing what puts us into another FORD (2015 F150 truck).

If the dealer would had given us back our money - 100% we wouldn't drive any FORD vehicle in life! Driving a 2.7 EB with start-stop feature, we still use 1/2 a gallon more than our 3.6 VCCT Jeep GC. Again. Biggest joke is the sticker on the window FORD is putting on. "Made with American pride...." They all must smoke a lot of crack at the offices & plants! :rant:
Have you met Luther?

Because last I checked, the 2.7 has won several awards from JD Power - which btw are driven by customer feedback

Sponsored

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
I can only comment on the Ford plants, but the workers there get yelled at if their just a few seconds late

The ford plant you work at is vastly different than the one I worked at.

I agree with the above comment that they don't discipline the bad workers, nor do they reward the good workers... UAW is about 2 steps shy of communism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Because last I checked, the 2.7 has won several awards from JD Power - which btw are driven by customer feedback
And still it uses more fuel than our 3.6 VCCT Jeep what has permanent all wheel drive and the F150 is driven in rear wheel drive. My wife drives her Jeep GC like a "she is on an escape trip". I am driving the F150 like a "grand pa" and still I am by only 20 1/2 mpg. If I drive the Jeep, I'm getting easy 28 MPG out of it. Only comparing with my wife's driving I am far off with the F150. I still have to get to use to it coming from a Mustang to a "Farmers truck".

I am badly surprised that the "start-stop" feature doesn't beat the 2014 Jeep GC (4545 lbs). But you can see that a modern 3.6 VCCT with a modern 8 speed transmission out performs a 2.7 EB screw (4696 lbs) from FORD with the antic 6 speed transmission .

*I copied the curb weight for both vehicles we own.

JD power doesn't compare fuel average...

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
Weight and engine size are not the only factors in fuel economy. Aerodynamics play a huge part in this as well. While they may have a similar front end, the f150 has much higher drag on the back of the cab/bed due to much higher forces from vortex shedding. The Jeep will have much greater vortex shedding characteristics.

It also depends on the number of miles on each engine, and I'm willing to gamble and say that the jeep has much higher mileage (for break in purposes) than the F150.

This is definitely a lopsided comparison, you would really need to compare the F150 to a ram 1500 with the 3.6 for an accurate fuel economy comparison.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Right!

Weight and engine size are not the only factors in fuel economy. Aerodynamics play a huge part in this as well. While they may have a similar front end, the f150 has much higher drag on the back of the cab/bed due to much higher forces from vortex shedding. The Jeep will have much greater vortex shedding characteristics.

It also depends on the number of miles on each engine, and I'm willing to gamble and say that the jeep has much higher mileage (for break in purposes) than the F150.

This is definitely a lopsided comparison, you would really need to compare the F150 to a ram 1500 with the 3.6 for an accurate fuel economy comparison.

off-topic
You are right. But I won't buy another truck. :D We still laugh about that we drive now the F150. It's a nice truck - but not what we at home normally drive. Our friends love it. They like the big space they have in the screw cab in the back bench. That's why we drive now always with our truck and 3 couples around. :doh: 4 weeks ago we loaded all chairs, bbq and food for a 40 people "BBQ in the park" with no issues. We are getting use to it, now that our kid has his own car we have our friends with us.

They always complaint that their is no space in the back of our Mustangs.... God knows why... :lol:

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
I drove my Brother 2012 F-150 3.5 eco boost. That truck with it's fit and finsh, eco boost power, and sync technology is what got me back into buy fords with my SHO in 2013.

As for unions. They are a thing of history, and need to understand it is not the 1920's any more. You can't write into a contract or expect a wage increase every year no matter what. Unions are what has caused so many jobs to ship over seas.

Yes, there is still a need for a union to drive training, but their contract tactics have been obsolete for many many years.
Sponsored