PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Just a minor issue I have had since nearly new. When I first start the car the drivers seat cooling is intermittently turned on about 4 notches automatically. Is this something that others have. I just have to unset it each time. May be hard to replicate at the dealer.
Sponsored

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Just a minor issue I have had since nearly new. When I first start the car the drivers seat cooling is intermittently turned on about 4 notches automatically. Is this something that others have. I just have to unset it each time. May be hard to replicate at the dealer.
Hi Peter mine stay turned off when starting the car.unless i turn them on manually.

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hi Peter mine stay turned off when starting the car.unless i turn them on manually.
Yeah Troy, I am pretty sure that is the way it should be. Mine has got a glitch for Ford to check sometime.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
May be hard to replicate at the dealer.
Just take footage of it Peter, then they don't need to replicate it. This 'could not replicate' business is so frustrating when the issue is intermittent.

Reactions: PKs

Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
I know the US models when remote started will turn them on if the car is hot and its trying to cool it all down for you, could be something similar they added to the 2018's.

Id call the service depot or check the owners manual

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I know the US models when remote started will turn them on if the car is hot and its trying to cool it all down for you, could be something similar they added to the 2018's.

Id call the service depot or check the owners manual
Thanks Hellman. The owners manual is very brief on the topic and doesn't shed any light. I imagine it is a software glitch because it only does it to the drivers seat and only intermittently. My car is going to the dealer next Monday for warranty paint work so I will ask them to have a look. I will take up GT 550's suggestion of a video at start up time.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
My 2019 does it too. Not everytime but occasionally I’ll jump in and when I start the car it’ll go drivers seat on full aircon even though I’ve never engaged the seat cooling since owning the car.

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
My 2019 does it too. Not everytime but occasionally I’ll jump in and when I start the car it’ll go drivers seat on full aircon even though I’ve never engaged the seat cooling since owning the car.
Mine is going in tomorrow for paint warranty work and I will be asking about this issue. Will let you know.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Sounds good, very keen to hear what they say. I’ll also try and get a recording of it.

Sponsored

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
Mine is going in tomorrow for paint warranty work and I will be asking about this issue. Will let you know.
Hi Peter did you get this issue sorted as my 2019 is doing the same thing,it seems pretty random when it does it.

OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hi Peter did you get this issue sorted as my 2019 is doing the same thing,it seems pretty random when it does it.
Hi Troy. Yes random is the word. I asked the dealer about it when I recently had the car in for some warranty paintwork but they didn't get around to looking at it and it was around closing time when I was picking it up. They said they had not come across the issue. I left it at that and said they can have a look next time it's in. I have noticed other electronic random glitches but none that recur like this one.

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
Yeah i'll mention it to ford when it goes in for it's first service,hopefully easy fix.

Reactions: PKs
OP
OP
PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I’ve noticed this issue also... will be asking the dealer....
Hey A. If you get it sorted please let us know what the fix is. Mine continues to do this on a random basis. Never did have it looked at.
Sponsored