OP

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Why would you do that when they're mandatory in Canada?
We already have DRL, its the TRI - Bar LEDS. Fog lights just helps meet the minimum requirements. No police is going to be pulling anyone off because the LED DRL dont meet Canada's requirements.
Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I'd be surprised if you could find a shop to do this for you. They'd be liable if you were to get in an accident.

Kinda like a Tire Co. won't patch a hole in a sidewall. They want no part of that liability.

OP
OP

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I'd be surprised if you could find a shop to do this for you. They'd be liable if you were to get in an accident.

Kinda like a Tire Co. won't patch a hole in a sidewall. They want no part of that liability.
I highly doubt it. All of USA drives their s550 without the fogs, why can't we?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
You know better especially living in the Province of Quebec. First the Language Police fining Markets if the "English" side of the Label isn`t first seen on the shelf or if the multi-language signage doesn`t first appear in French. Just a matter of time before local or provincial Police pull someone over for not having the "proper" DRL illumination. Even Parking Tickets in Montreal are extremely expensive, forgetabout moving Violations. "Qui" eh?
You sound like someone who has lived here before. :) But i could be wrong.
Parking tickets are about the same as every other major cities in North America.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I highly doubt it. All of USA drives their s550 without the fogs, why can't we?
Ummmm, because you're in CANADA and not the USA and your laws are different. Seems pretty self explanatory to me if turning them off does not meet the CANADIAN minimum standards. :frusty:

Sponsored

OP
OP

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Ummmm, because you're in CANADA and not the USA and your laws are different. Seems pretty self explanatory to me if turning them off does not meet the CANADIAN minimum standards. :frusty:

I'm not talking about the laws. I'm talking about the actual safety. Disabling my fogs will not increase my chances of getting into an accident I believe the current DRL are sufficient enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I'm not talking about the laws. I'm talking about the actual safety. Disabling my fogs will not increase my chances of getting into an accident I believe the current DRL are sufficient enough.

Again... Canada law does not seem to agree with you. Perhaps you can move south of the border.:lol:

I think you're setting yourself up for tickets and is that really needed when you can't see them anyways when your driving?

OP
OP

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Again... Canada law does not seem to agree with you. Perhaps you can move south of the border.:lol:

I think you're setting yourself up for tickets and is that really needed when you can't see them anyways when your driving?
Even if I manage to disable my fogs, I guarantee I won't be getting any tickets. Its entirely a cosmetic feature that I think looks better with it off.

OP
OP

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I have been in contact with a shop that does electronic installs. I'm getting my dash cam installed and they are willing to take a look at the fogs and so a re-wire. Anyone here in GTA TORONTO interested in doing this as well?

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Where is that? Is there not a lot of crime in that area? I've been in Florida most of my life and most cops never really cared. Might also be because every third car in the state either has purple H IDs or yellow fog's or LEDs or whatever

Other then setting up Speed Traps whenever they are pushed to meet their (quotas) Cops in FL don`t pull motorists over for anything. Ever notice how "dark" front door window film tint is? Most install Black Limo Tint and no one gets pulled over for that. Don`t think there is a Cop in Florida that has a Window Tint Screening device in the entire State. Cops don`t pull anyone over for License Tag Plastic Covers that are used to disable Red Light Camera Devices These covers are so dark, you can`t read the Plate Number even if your directly behind the Vehicle in front of you.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
here in Italy we have mandatory DRL only recently (and only outside cities and on highways). Cars without DRL must keep low beams on even in daytime. You could always disconnect fog lights and keep low beams on. Sure it would meets the minimum safety standards!
IMO low beams are way better looking than fog lights.
Sponsored