Sponsored

Drive Mode Selection Not Available

bbMcQueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
2019 Bullitt with Magneride.

I have looked around the forum and it looks like some others have also seen the "drive mode selection not available" and it seems to be in association with exhaust modes, but not sure if mine is directly related to it:

I found an open parking lot, and to be nice, I put my car in sport mode, traction control and "quiet" mode. I was doing a "drift". Basically in a parking lot, accelerated then cranked the wheel to the left (I'm no pro yet). When I did this the front wheels didn't have traction so I got some nice wheel hop on the front with the wheels turned. It was quite shaky as the tires skipped for several seconds. As soon I came to a stand still the "Mustang drive mode selection not available" along with a couple other warning messages (One related to traction I think) and my car changed back into normal mode.

I am unsure if I should be concerned, or if it was maybe related to the stability control kicking in since only traction was off, stability was still on when I started.

Should I be worried about the Magneride - car seems fine but now paranoid I messed it up from the front wheel skipping which was quite a shaky ride, although I'm guessing these cars can withstand some "abuse".

Thanks all,

Long time browser, first time poster. :)
Sponsored

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
Did you turn off the AdvanceTrac? You have to hold the traction control up for a few seconds longer to disable the traction control completely.

Ronin47

OP
OP

bbMcQueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Did you turn off the AdvanceTrac? You have to hold the traction control up for a few seconds longer to disable the traction control completely.

Ronin47
I did not. I only clicked it once quickly to turn off basic traction control.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
You need to hold it longer until the IPC shows it has disabled AdvanceTrac on the Bullitt.

OP
OP

bbMcQueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks for the heads up! So that's what could've allowed it to switch out of Sport mode?

Sponsored

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
Yes, definitely! Haha, you freaked out the traction nanny.

OP
OP

bbMcQueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks for the information. I'll blame my bad drift on traction nanny. ;)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here ya go, check out TSB 18-2307. It may apply to the 2019’s as well.
Sponsored

Attachments