Drive Mode Selection Not Available

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
Having a problem with my car. Getting an error message, Drive Mode Selection Not Available. Message comes right at startup when the active exhaust valves cycle. From reading other posts on the interwebs this error message is caused by the active exhaust. I'm not able to turn off AdvanceTrac or Traction Lock either. The Active Exhaust still works, with no error message. I'm wondering if all I need is a recalibration, and is this something that is done only at a dealership?
Sponsored

HermanGerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Olaf
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 AT
Vehicle Showcase
Having a problem with my car. Getting an error message, Drive Mode Selection Not Available. Message comes right at startup when the active exhaust valves cycle. From reading other posts on the interwebs this error message is caused by the active exhaust. I'm not able to turn off AdvanceTrac or Traction Lock either. The Active Exhaust still works, with no error message. I'm wondering if all I need is a recalibration, and is this something that is done only at a dealership?
I had the same error message in my car. the right exhaust clap was broken ( did not move) and had to be replaced. i was far away from my hometown and the Ford dealer in Ravensburg Germany found out the reason and ordered a new right exhaust, because the clap was out of order . the finding process took some time (5 h) . they had to plug the cars internal on board unit on the international Ford Computer info System. in the end Ford in Detroit agreed and therefore they had to cut the right exhaust pipe and replaced the whole end muffler with the clap. it took some days to wait for the part. since then, the right end part of the exhaust System is new and so far all is ok again. cheers from Berlin germany

OP
OP
Chainsaw

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
Took the car to the dealer today. They found a pinched wire going to the left front strut. It wasn't the active exhaust that was causing the problem with not being able to select drive modes. My car has Magneride, so this system can cause the "Drive Mode Selection Not Available" too. No error message for Magneride though.

82nd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JR
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby, GT 350
I know this is an old thread, but I’m having the same exact issue with my 2016 GT 350. I just dropped it off at the dealer for a second time. The Exhaust Mode Selection comes on when I turn the car on in the morning, and the Drive Mode Selection as well. I barely drive the car hence it only has 3k miles. Of course when I pulled in the dealer the car was fine... They’re keeping it over night hoping it’ll show the problem in the morning so they can get a code. Anyone here figureout what’s the problem? I see that it’s a recurrent issue with the GT 350...
12B59E30-B4C6-4AE2-86F3-70B4D1D6E690.jpeg
92533463-7FF8-4976-B554-C2AD71E085B7.jpeg

Bob S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Package
I've been getting this intermittently on my 2016 GT350. It rarely happens from a cold start, but recently seems to happen about 1/2 the time from a warm start (like if I go to the grocery store for 45 minutes). When it occurs, I can almost always clear it by shutting off the car, waiting about 10 seconds, and then re-starting the car. I took it to my dealer yesterday, because I'm only one day away (!) from the end of the three-year warranty. The dealer re-programmed the PCM, per TSB 18-2290 (see attached). I'll see if this seems to work.
Sponsored

Attachments