Drains for the top

jimroth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Convertible 401A P8F Rapid Red
The top has a kind of lip around it where it meets the body. Water runs down there, so it must go somewhere, presumably a drain which channels it out the bottom of the car. My friend said that on some old Fords these were a real problem, because the water collected inside some body panels. and there was rust. Does anyone know if there are drains, and where they lead to? Have you ever checked them or cleaned them? Signed, Nervous New Vert Owner.
Sponsored

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
The top has a kind of lip around it where it meets the body. Water runs down there, so it must go somewhere, presumably a drain which channels it out the bottom of the car. My friend said that on some old Fords these were a real problem, because the water collected inside some body panels. and there was rust. Does anyone know if there are drains, and where they lead to? Have you ever checked them or cleaned them? Signed, Nervous New Vert Owner.
Water drains out through the rear and down the sides via a small gap in the sheet metal. Just check up the sides for leaves and stuff and I'm not sure how you'd check the rear channel. Here's a pic of it for a coupe.

1619228448326.png

OP
OP
jimroth

jimroth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Convertible 401A P8F Rapid Red
Thank you! That is what I was looking for. I need to make sure that the drain is open, kind of OCD. One time I bought a car and found the dealer had left the plastic film over the drains!
Sponsored