Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I see. I asked a cp-e dealer in Europe and they told me that the catted version is 200 cell, so I believe I should be fine. But again, who knows...
Sponsored

EcoBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium, PP, 50th, RR
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone with a catted down-pipe that DOES pass emission (TX Preferably)?
What Brand and did you have to alter it?
Or did it pass with a tune?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
[MENTION=8319]doulos4jc[/MENTION] [MENTION=13694]Juben[/MENTION] which cp-e downpipe do you have on your cars? Is this the QKspi one with the high flow cat? This is the one I am interested in.

Has anyone any experience with a catted downpipe combined with the MBRP Race catback exhausts? I am trying to find out if this setup will be too loud. As I said above that's my main concern.
Mine is catless. A catted downpipe will be a bit more muted than a catless, but the MBRP Race exhaust is going to be a louder system. A catted downpipe with their Street series would probably be right along what you're looking for.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Anyone with a catted down-pipe that DOES pass emission (TX Preferably)?
What Brand and did you have to alter it?
Or did it pass with a tune?
I think emissions is going to vary on what kind of testing they do.

Here in Utah they do OBDII testing with a visual of all smog components.

Visual is easy to pass, as everyone 'knows' someone.

The OBDII test is getting trickier here. Forcing readiness codes (like the Accessport does) will result in a fail. Part of our testing now does an ecu reset and they see if the monitors instantly return to a ready state. If they do, you fail. When you fail, your car has to go to a state testing station with a state official performing the inspection.

I plan on leaving my catted cp-e downpipe on, but I will be unmarrying the accessport from my car. Putting a spark plug antifouler on the o2 sensor is enough for it to set the ready code for heated catalyst. At least the antifouler worked on my WRX with the stock ecu and catless downpipe.

Now what I cannot confirm but suspect they are doing these days is dumping the ecu contents (or certain code blocks) and referencing them against known stock cars. If there are variances, your car has to be tested by the state. I have some buddies with SRT4s with the factory 'stage' upgrades and 2 years ago they started getting letters in the mail saying their cars had to be tested by the state because their previous tests did not match other similar cars. So I think they have been compiling the list of good cars for the past few years and retroactively going back and notifying people they are fucked. One of my buddies had to put his stock ECU back in and all the other stock parts to get it registered for another year.

So I don't want to take that risk. I am hoping my car will run on the stock tune long enough to set the ready codes and be tested. If not, I guess I will register it in a county without emissions testing.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
That's what happened to me. OBD II test said it wasn't ready to be tested. I ended up putting stock downpipe and stock tune back on car and retested. Cp-e sells a defouler for $23 that may have worked too.

Sponsored

Ali Haslem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2009 Toyota Tacoma
The stock down pipe is the choke point. I did cpe's catted downpipe and their FMIC at the same time...major, major jump in hp and torque. A must do mod
Hey I currently have a CVF street intercooler and am running a stage 2 cobb ots tune. I was going to add the CVF catless downpipe Do you think ill see any major performance gains from this?

SouthernCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 3.7 TT
Hey I currently have a CVF street intercooler and am running a stage 2 cobb ots tune. I was going to add the CVF catless downpipe Do you think ill see any major performance gains from this?
Any catless downpipe on a turbo setup is going to see great gains. Catless downpipe is considered one of the major upgrades on turbo powered vehicles.

Ali Haslem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2009 Toyota Tacoma
Any catless downpipe on a turbo setup is going to see great gains. Catless downpipe is considered one of the major upgrades on turbo powered vehicles.
Can i move to a stage 3 ots cobb tune after adding the downpipe?