FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
that's a great idea!. I never really thought about that, just some dawn soap in a water bottle and squirt it onto the gasket? should I use warm water, I assume it'll dry very quick and the soap won't harm the gasket

Thursday I have an appointment to install radiator, so I will do this before I head out, see if any bubbles form.
Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
that's a great idea!. I never really thought about that, just some dawn soap in a water bottle and squirt it onto the gasket? should I use warm water, I assume it'll dry very quick and the soap won't harm the gasket

Thursday I have an appointment to install radiator, so I will do this before I head out, see if any bubbles form.
Warm water and soap is OK, but I would apply it before you start your motor and then use a good light and mirror for a 360* inspection after you start your car.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not the gasket at engine, that’s solid. When I was changing radiators today I saw my exhaust, after my downpipe, it has an elbow which usually goes from 3 inch to 2.25 or 3 inch to 3 inch. I’m 3 to 3, anyway, the clamp is leaking like a mofo, nothing but black around it. It blows directly towards the driver door, so must waft in.
Going to find the right size and order a new clamp.

I will toss it on and hopefully no more smell. Thinking thatshould do it. Easier than downpipe gasket stuff
Sponsored