Sponsored

Double pumping brakes after new fluid and pads

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I cant see how having the accessory power on or off would make any difference. I mean we're pushing fresh fluid through the lines just fine. Only place fuild cant get is inside the abs module, right? IIRC I've done bleeds with the accessories on by pumping the pedal and off with a pressure bleeder (which seemed really slow).

I need to plug in forscan and see if the latest version has the ABS bleed procedure. Im reluctant to drop it off with the dealership cavemen for over a week to gamble that they will do anything other that report that it seems fine to them.

What we really need is a reliable, consistent way to reproduce the issue w/o hot laps.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
I had a lot of air in the lines and the ABS module due to some changes... so I had to do the ABS bleeding anyway.

If you did not open the break lines or got air into the lines because of low fluid levels, there should be no air in the system. The overall procedure is simple, but you need to remove the air from all 4 break lines afterwards.

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I noticed after changing a clutch in my car that the brakes seem to have lost their initial bite. I had sort of attributed to the pads needing changing since I bleed with the motive brake bleeder and saw no difference in pedal feel. Same thing [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] described. Soft initially and then the pedal stiffens l.Last time I was out at the track it seemed I had to go deeper into the brake pedal than before. My thought was it was the low pads (changing this weekend) but I think I may have the same issue being described here. I am interested in the FORScan. Guess I need to get an adapter. Anyone have one they can recommend?

I was also curious if I damaged something in the brake system by putting the shared brake/clutch reservoir under vacuum to bleed the clutch.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
How did the process work on these cars? I have the autel scanner and have the fuctions for bleeding the brakes. What I like to know before trying is what does it do when you enable it?

Thanks

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
You start the procedure and the tool will ask you to press and release the break pedal several times. Takes about 3 minutes.

OP
OP

sunfigt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guelo
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium PP
I wonder if my reservoir got to low and injected air in the system from the top which could be lodge in the ABS valve system. I am interested to know how it works too before I have to go and buy more stuff to get this fixed. I already bought two more bottles of Motul to have it in hand for when I work on the brakes again.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Man, now I’ve seen it all. Gotta be a computer hacker with Forscan skills and a laptop to bleed brakes. Wtf is this world coming to.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I had a lot of air in the lines and the ABS module due to some changes... so I had to do the ABS bleeding anyway.

If you did not open the break lines or got air into the lines because of low fluid levels, there should be no air in the system. The overall procedure is simple, but you need to remove the air from all 4 break lines afterwards.
I did run my reservoir dry by accident when bleeding one time. IDK if thats when it started, but I've bleed out all the (non-ABS related) bubbles since then.

Its worth noting that the normal procedure for bleeding from the farthest corner from the reservoir to the closest probably doesn't apply to cars with ABS, since each corner has an individual feed from the ABS unit. It also takes more fluid to bleed, since the rear brakes don't share a line.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the ABS flush procedure involves flushing the system, then the ABS, then flushing the entire system again. Good times.

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yeah, the ABS flush procedure involves flushing the system, then the ABS, then flushing the entire system again. Good times.
Is this the procedure from the ford service manual?

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Whipple Auto
I just changed out the brakes calipers, rotors and brake pads on all four corners and didn't need to do this. I did use a Vacuum brake bleeder - pretty bad ass one too. It sucks out all the air from the master cylinder through the bleeder screw on each caliper.

My brakes feel fine.

Tony

OP
OP

sunfigt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guelo
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium PP
Which vacuum bleeder you used? I have used a crappy one in the past on my motorcycle and it was worthless.
Sponsored