Sponsored

Door rubber seal won't cover trim panels and roof linings edge

didibabawu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Happy new year to all members with or without your mustang :thumbsup:

Picked up my GT in early December last year and no complaint while driving the car, just love it. However, it is a different story when I try to admire my brand new mustang while it is is parked in the garage. Pinched bonnet, big gaps between panels etc. which I have already prepared myself by reading your posts online.

Today, I discovered some new and I have never seen anything like this in a car before. The door rubber seals on both side of the car won't cover the trim panel and roof lining​ edge. It seems like ford is trying to save a few bucks by making the door rubber seal narrower. Does any of you guys have similar issue? Just another item on my long to-do list for ford during my free 3 month service.
IMG_20170101_195111.jpg
Sponsored

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That definitely isn't right. To me it looks like the door rubber isn't seated properly causing the gap issue, have you tried pushing the rubber to see if it will move in closer?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
No issue here on either side.

Are you sure that the plastic trim is properly attached to the A pillar? Looks like it may be unclipped and needs a shove.

Also, that rubber can get caught under the trim, so run your finger under it and see if any of it is caught up.
IMG_3972.jpg

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
Everything can be fixed didibabawu. Point out all your issues at your next complimentary service. As Drewbo pointed out, it looks like the moulding isn't properly secured which is causing the problem, this can be fixed. The bonnet pinch can be rectified too on the day of service and the latch doesn't need to be readjusted (lifted), they will tend to the bracket attached to the hood. As for the misaligned panels these can be fixed and will take a bit of time with your car off the road for a few days.

I can also suggest to get your vehicle outside with plenty of light and get inside to thoroughly check the entire vehicle. Test everything in your vehicle - every functioning items - electrical and non electrical and thoroughly check all trimmings once again

Ford will pay for this and your dealership will be lodging a warranty claim so no skin off their balls. Ask for the service manager to be present while you point out the issues. You will be able to rate your service experience with the dealership after this.

Which dealership are you taking it too?

OP
OP

didibabawu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I have tried pushing both the rubber seal and the trim panel in but they are still popping out. It looks like the trim panels are missing a few clips to hold them in place. I guess it is not something that I can fix myself.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I have tried pushing both the rubber seal and the trim panel in but they are still popping out. It looks like the trim panels are missing a few clips to hold them in place. I guess it is not something that I can fix myself.
The guy who installed my dashcam pulled that particular panel off in order to run the hard wire and did mention that it is an "unusual" set up behind there as far as the clips go.

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback, 1928 Model A Ford