Sponsored

Door Closes Too Easily in the wind and on Hills. Ideas to Add Resistance?

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Hi All

I know, I know, "Resistance is futile". Hopefully, there are no Borgs on this site!

I have a vert and the door has almost no resistance to stay open. The black piece that is supposed to slow down the closing (due to wind, gravity) doesn't seem to have enough resistance. It is intact.

Has anyone come up with an idea to provide more resistance to the door?

thanks

CVCashmere
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Are you referring to the small black metal hinge at the A-pillar?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
That's the door check.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I’m not sure if this will help, but here’s a pdf that may help with your concerns. Most door issues are due to the misalignment of the door and/or striker. It can be remedied by a DIY attempt at home using the pdf in this thread (applies to both doors). The door check might be affected by slight misalignment of the door itself.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...with-a-happy-ending.19261/page-3#post-2584373

Hopefully there’s something in the pdf that will help.

Also check this thread out where I posted the entire shop guidelines that are specific only to the S550 convertibles, as it retains all info pertaining to alignments, adjustments etc.:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/convertible-top-guide.136434/#post-2806500

Sponsored

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I don't understand this hill thing. Is that like where the ground is higher on one spot than another? Speaking as a southeast Texas dweller, haha. We don't have those. I can see all the way to the horizon :) Downtown is visible from like 20 miles, hah.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Also check this thread out where I posted the entire shop guidelines that are specific only to the S550 convertibles, as it retains all info pertaining to alignments, adjustments etc.:
So far no issues w/ the Mustang, but my 2017 F150 had both passenger side doors very out of alignment. The gap was embarrassing and noticeable. I had the dealership fix it under warranty, but I've never been happy with how the back door closes. You have to really slam it. I feel like the striker isn't aligned.... I'm just afraid to touch it.
Sponsored