Don't Know How I Missed It, But Factory Messed Up A Window

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
So, in my blind zeal to take delivery of my Mach1, I somehow missed that the driver side window molding is messed up. AND, the only way to fix it apparently is to replace the window. The Service Manager has no problem or issue with doing the job. I'm just worried about the outcome and also the part he received had a chrome frame and had to go back ... GEEEEZE!

Here it is and any advice (and beatings) here would be appreciated.

WindowMoulding.jpg
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I had mine replaced. no issues.
I have the chrome variant he received.

honestly, get a credit card, or even like a paper sheet/laminate. try to slide it behind it.

it looks like it is bent down, it may pop upward/outright.

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I had mine replaced. no issues.
I have the chrome variant he received.

honestly, get a credit card, or even like a paper sheet/laminate. try to slide it behind it.

it looks like it is bent down, it may pop upward/outright.
First, I didn't know that there was a variant with a chrome frame. The service manager had his best guy give it a go. He tried a stiff piece of cardboard and no luck. Also, I made a couple of calls to Ford and they say that the molding isn't just molding and is part of the window and so the entire window needs to be swapped out.

So, you had to have you window replaced too? Same issue? How long did it take and is it perfect, no marks no way to tell it was replaced?

Thanks.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
honestly, there is a very slight imperfection. lemme go get pic for ya. but it doesnt bother me. because I know how much work it is to remove and re install, its a lot of work. brb with photos.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
So the chrome window is a bit different than rubber, because its a stiff thing, my bottom part, it isn't user error I think the molding was slightly off, to where it doesnt lay 100% flat, if I put my finger on it, it lays down flush. literally a pinky lays it flat, its just how its molded to the window. if I really wanted it fixed.

I could pay a few hundred and have them remount it, but it really does not bother me. Lol hell I could prob toss some adhesive or something under it and smoosh it down, but I dont want to. Ive seen on SEVERAL mustangs, where the rubber trim on the mustangs where my chrome is, literally just folds out, that won't happen with the chrome trim since its stiffer, mine was bent up during install the slightly so it kinda just held its shape, I assume its when he pushed it in, maybe it had an ever so light raise and it cured that way.

it doesnt bother me and no one would honestly notice except me, im blowing it up so you'd. notice.

but yeah, the whole window has to come out, and the molding is apart of it. just fyi. its not easy as popping trim off and redoing it.
IMG_1759.JPG
IMG_1760.JPG

IMG_1767.JPG
IMG_1762.JPG

IMG_7939.jpg

chrome windows though, in certain light, POP. back when I had no lowering, and was on old black wheels lol. -- funny thing is, many people I know in mustang community thrashhhhh on the window trim saying its ugly/gaudy/girly. all saying "wrap it black wrap it black" eh I like it.
IMG_9579.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
So the chrome window is a bit different than rubber, because its a stiff thing, my bottom part, it isn't user error I think the molding was slightly off, to where it doesnt lay 100% flat, if I put my finger on it, it lays down flush. literally a pinky lays it flat, its just how its molded to the window. if I really wanted it fixed.

I could pay a few hundred and have them remount it, but it really does not bother me. Lol hell I could prob toss some adhesive or something under it and smoosh it down, but I dont want to. Ive seen on SEVERAL mustangs, where the rubber trim on the mustangs where my chrome is, literally just folds out, that won't happen with the chrome trim since its stiffer, mine was bent up during install the slightly so it kinda just held its shape, I assume its when he pushed it in, maybe it had an ever so light raise and it cured that way.

it doesnt bother me and no one would honestly notice except me, im blowing it up so you'd. notice.

but yeah, the whole window has to come out, and the molding is apart of it. just fyi. its not easy as popping trim off and redoing it.
IMG_1759.JPG
IMG_1760.JPG

IMG_1767.JPG
IMG_1762.JPG

IMG_7939.jpg

chrome windows though, in certain light, POP. back when I had no lowering, and was on old black wheels lol. -- funny thing is, many people I know in mustang community thrashhhhh on the window trim saying its ugly/gaudy/girly. all saying "wrap it black wrap it black" eh I like it.
IMG_9579.jpg
Which Mustang is that?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
id let them do it, and if they mess up, let them fix it. no worries, it won't permenatly harm car or anything, when you have the plastic out interior trim, you can see where they did it vs a machine doing it. its not quite as nice, but its hidden and you'll never know.

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
id let them do it, and if they mess up, let them fix it. no worries, it won't permenatly harm car or anything, when you have the plastic out interior trim, you can see where they did it vs a machine doing it. its not quite as nice, but its hidden and you'll never know.
As long as it looks like it never happened and there’s no buzzing or rattling I’m fine with the process.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
There is a risk of that the area I have marked won't sit as flush as you have it now (I could almost get a finger behind mine, the passenger side was the worst) and that the the trimming will not line up with the trimming around the door.

28A7B845-3FDD-435C-B964-9F01B1D3FFBE.jpeg

traktrbeam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford GT Premium PP1

IMG_1759.JPG
IMG_1760.JPG

IMG_1767.JPG
IMG_1762.JPG

IMG_7939.jpg

IMG_9579.jpg
Nice Boost. Now that I see your molding blown up, that would bother the living F out of me.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
No beating necessary, stuff happens. This was an easy thing to miss. Question. Would you have refused the car had you seen it? No? I didn’t think so. Just let them replace the window and move on. It will be fine.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
If it were my car, I would try to get the rubber straightened out myself.
Park in the sun for a few hours.
Painters tape along the affected edge to protect the paint.
Find a small gap to get in behind the edge close to where the trim is flipped in.
See if you can coax the trim to pop outward.
The rubber may already be permanently deformed but it's worth a try before letting the monkeys loose on it.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
So, in my blind zeal to take delivery of my Mach1, I somehow missed that the driver side window molding is messed up. AND, the only way to fix it apparently is to replace the window. The Service Manager has no problem or issue with doing the job. I'm just worried about the outcome and also the part he received had a chrome frame and had to go back ... GEEEEZE!

Here it is and any advice (and beatings) here would be appreciated.

WindowMoulding.jpg
If you want, the suggestion earlier to try something thin but relatively stable, like a credit card might work.

Again, not sure if you tried it this way, but before you let the dealer replace the whole window, where I marked red arrows, try to work in the credit card in the corner and slowly move your way toward the affected area.
Use carwash or dishwashing soap and water allow the credit card to slide easier through the tiny gap.

It might do the trick.
WindowMoulding2.jpg
Sponsored