Sponsored

Does your supercharger pulley sound like this?

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Got it okay ill give it a test. The pulleys are all grooved the belt sits within the pulleys locked in I would imagine they would not be able to sit flush as they do if it was misaligned. But maybe it could be misaligned in some other way? Not sure.
Yeah I agree with not knowing how it would be misaligned, but it's what happened to me & that's what the Whipple response asked me to do when I emailed them. Soap should just be rubbed on edges
Sponsored

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah not sure why the vide broke but the sound is really all we need here so I didn't mess with it anymore.

Its really hard to tell where the noise is coming from when i put my head directly over the SC or the motor it just sounds like its coming from everywhere tbh i couldn't pin point it when moving my head around there + the rest of the engine noises make it harder

Without a doubt the fead bracket is installed correctly. I remember torquing those down specifically I can check again later tonight. Don't know if i can check the torque on the bolts since theres too many other parts in the way.

Maybe it is the crank pulley that thing was hard to torque down. I think my torque wrench maxed out at 20 ft-lbs below the Roush spec but to compensate I gave it about a half a turn or more with a break bar and pipe to account for that extra 20 ft-lbs.

Tbh the noise goes away after warming up for about 1-5 mins. I just tested it last night after posting. Even after driving its gone.
Maybe use a long screwdriver or Stethoscope on the blower case so you can rule out if the noise is coming from up there? Of course if you haven't done this yet.

20230125_150024.jpg