Last edited:

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
It might work if you use the idatalink MFT1 kit with the idatalink RR.
Do you currently have the 4-inch screen or the 8 inch screen in your car?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Will a DIN physically fit in the dash though? I think there is a Scosche kit ($$$) that would be required, then he's got to buy a head unit. But I'm not sure.
I think the Dynavin would be more cost effective and easier to install.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Yes, should fit. Should even give you more room for all the cables involved than a double DIN radio like my Kenwood.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Yes, should fit. Should even give you more room for all the cables involved than a double DIN radio like my Kenwood.
So it is possible. I thought it was too shallow behind the dash trim. I would love to see how you mounted your Kenwood there.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
That may not fit in the dash without a lot of work and money. I think you would need a conversion kit. Might as well get this instead: Dynavin
There appears to be 2 models. One for the base Mustang and one for the Premium. The link I provided is for the base model car.

There's a thread on these units here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-dynavin-head-unit-that-replaces-sync.177283/
I emailed Dynavin and they said their head unit display most likely would not integrate with my 19GT Premium 401a software as far as accessing the controls my OEM Display currently has. Except they said I would have stereo equalizer controls. So I don't know. I was going to do this strickly for the stereo added controls and functions but I cannot do it if I loose controll, settings I currently have. Good Luck

OP
OP

Jess13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jess
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have the 8inch which as I understand it makes these single/double din systems possible without too much hacking away or needing a custom dash kit like the 4inch.

Edit: I forgot to mention, yes I intended to use the full iDatalink kit to keep as much function from Sync3 as possible with hopefully getting read of the Bluetooth latency.

CarbonzillaUS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
I'm looking at doing a nice upgrade and I've seen this one recommended on a few sites but haven't seen any images of one installed in an s550, was hoping if anyone has it they would share some images and thoughts.

https://electronics.sony.com/audio/car-marine-audio/mobile-es-series/p/xav9500es

Thanks!

-Jess
I'm thinking of replacing my Dynavin with this same unit, I found a few pics of it installed online but no reviews (attached). My only concern is the aftermarket install kits with A/C controls, I have read bad reviews about some having extremely slow boot times. I like the smooth look of the new Metra kit made for the Pioneer units, I don't know if it could be modified for this unit, I think it looks the best. Here are the links I found:

https://www.mobileedgeonline.com/custom-stereo-upgrade-for-east-stroudsburg-2016-ford-mustang/

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...hUKEwiJqar7rdv8AhXF3VMKHfhRASUQMygBegUIARCZAg

Screenshot_20230122_084610_Facebook.jpg

IMG_6867-17.jpg

IMG_6861-15.jpg

IMG_6858-14.jpg

Screenshot_20230122_091451_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored