Sponsored

does any 5x114.3 fits on our mus??

jkmskfk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Eco
Hi... it might be dumb question but don't know that much about wheel set up... and my question is since our is 5x114.3, if I find any wheel that same bolt pattern and enough offset that clear our calipers, I can put anything??
I am trying to see Craig, and maybe other forums that uses 114.3 to buy one.
What do I need to look at?
Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I think you should be able to. The ones that have a harder time is the one's with the 4 and 6 piston brakes. They have to make sure the calipers have enough space within the wheel.

BAdrosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra
The offset is going to be the most important. For brembo cars +32 and +35 seem to be the most popular front, and +45 for rear.

OP
OP

jkmskfk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Eco
Thank you guys! Luckily and sadly I don't have pp brembo... but I want it tho.. waiting some pp personal to sell theirs

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Kind of a hard question to answer. All of the 5x114.3 wheels will bolt on to the car. The pattern matches so you can put the wheel on. Will it look and fit right, no. That's where offsets come into play. Trust me, I've made this mistake before. Nissan, Toyota, Mistsubishi, and a few other brands use the same pattern. Best analogy, if your a 32 waist not every 32 pants are going to fit. 32x28 isn't the same as 32x36. You to find the right of both.

If looking at used wheels, just try to find some that were on a mustang. Offset should 20-30 for the front depending on the size of wheel.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jkmskfk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Eco
Thank you for advice!!! :)
That's what I was thinking about it too. Maybe 10-14 models mustang forum or something

Kind of a hard question to answer. All of the 5x114.3 wheels will bolt on to the car. The pattern matches so you can put the wheel on. Will it look and fit right, no. That's where offsets come into play. Trust me, I've made this mistake before. Nissan, Toyota, Mistsubishi, and a few other brands use the same pattern. Best analogy, if your a 32 waist not every 32 pants are going to fit. 32x28 isn't the same as 32x36. You to find the right of both.

If looking at used wheels, just try to find some that were on a mustang. Offset should 20-30 for the front depending on the size of wheel.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Not really true. They may hit the calipers and thus not bolt on, and there is no convenient industry spec that tells you have much caliper clearance there is. It's rather easy to determine the bolt pattern, center hub, and offset range that work. But caliper clearance is still a question mark. The good news for you is the EB PP & standard GT brakes are much easier to clear than the GT PP Brembos. Probably anything that would clear the old s197 Brembo brakes should work fine.

The suppliers can often tell you what wheels will definitely work, but can't tell you about ones that might work but nobody has tried yet.

OP
OP

jkmskfk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Eco
Hm.. interesting, so eb pp and gt pp has different brembo caliper and rotor??
I didn't knownthat.. because I was thinking if ever happens thinking about convert my base to pp's brake set

Not really true. They may hit the calipers and thus not bolt on, and there is no convenient industry spec that tells you have much caliper clearance there is. It's rather easy to determine the bolt pattern, center hub, and offset range that work. But caliper clearance is still a question mark. The good news for you is the EB PP & standard GT brakes are much easier to clear than the GT PP Brembos. Probably anything that would clear the old s197 Brembo brakes should work fine.

The suppliers can often tell you what wheels will definitely work, but can't tell you about ones that might work but nobody has tried yet.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Bolt pattern yes it needs to be 5x114.3 or 5x4.5 which is another way we know it. The offset is important and the wheel design ( X factor) What wheel do you have in mind?

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hm.. interesting, so eb pp and gt pp has different brembo caliper and rotor??
I didn't knownthat.. because I was thinking if ever happens thinking about convert my base to pp's brake set
As I recall there are 3 brake options.

Standard V6/EB - 12.6" rotors, 2 piston calipers (front)
EB PP/Standard GT - 14" rotors, 4 piston calipers
GT PP - 15" rotors, 6 piston Brembo calipers

As the brakes get bigger, the brake clearance limits your wheel choice more.

Sponsored

Velocity10gear

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10spd
So you’re saying that if I have a 2020 pp1 GT with front brembos, these race star front skinnies will bolt on but not clear the actual brake calipers?

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
You also have to take into account the wheel's center bore. Since the wheels on the Mustang (and most modern cars) are hub-centric, you need to make sure the center bore of the wheels you choose are the correct diameter. If they are too small, the wheels either won't bolt on correctly, or you will have to get the bore enlarged. If the bore is too large, you run the chance of introducing vibration. Several companies offer hub centering rings to help adapt wheels with larger bore diameters. While the lug nuts do have a tapered seat, that isn't always enough to get the wheel perfectly centered on the hub.

So, you have several factors to consider; bolt pattern, diameter, width, offset, and center bore. For reference, the hub bore is 70.5mm (I've seen 70.3 referenced as well, but I imagine it's a small enough difference that either will work correctly).
Sponsored