Do you take cell phone pics constantly of your s550 ? Post them here !!!

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Thank you Chris!
Red Mist sounds good! Close to my initial thought of Misty the Pony ;)
Grabber blue looks cool! Too bad they don't sell that color in the Philippines.
I've been to Melbourne many times in the early 2000's as my ship was then chartered by Shell Australia.
I must say I hardly saw any Mustang or Camaro over there that time... or perhaps I didn't go ashore at the right moment ;)
'Your ship', is that a ship you owned/captained/crewed?

Yes, you would have not seen many contemporary Mustangs in Melbourne back then, but things have changed. The Mustang has replaced the Ford Falcon for the must have car for Ford enthusiasts like me.

It has at times been the next best selling Ford model behind the Ranger, which is the second most popular vehicle in Australia. It is by far the best selling sports car, way ahead of the likes of the Mazda MX-5, etc.

Per capita, more Australians purchased Mustangs in 2018 than probably anywhere else in the world.

By comparison, since late last year only about 1,000 new Camaros are to be imported each year, converted to RHD by a third party, and sold through Holden (GM) dealers.

A few years ago classic Mustangs were imported by the boat load when the Australian dollar was in parity with the US dollar.

It is unfortunate 2017 Grabber Blue was not available in the Philippines.

with_classic_fords.jpg

kap10bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10-AT (Race Red)
Vehicle Showcase
'Your ship', is that a ship you owned/captained/crewed?

Yes, you would have not seen many contemporary Mustangs in Melbourne back then, but things have changed. The Mustang has replaced the Ford Falcon for the must have car for Ford enthusiasts like me.

It has at times been the next best selling Ford model behind the Ranger, which is the second most popular vehicle in Australia. It is by far the best selling sports car, way ahead of the likes of the Mazda MX-5, etc.

Per capita, more Australians purchased Mustangs in 2018 than probably anywhere else in the world.

By comparison, since late last year only about 1,000 new Camaros are to be imported each year, converted to RHD by a third party, and sold through Holden (GM) dealers.

A few years ago classic Mustangs were imported by the boat load when the Australian dollar was in parity with the US dollar.

It is unfortunate 2017 Grabber Blue was not available in the Philippines.

with_classic_fords.jpg
I obviously do not own a ship, not in this lifetime :)
It's a common seafarer's term to call the boat we're on as "my ship", just kinda grew on me I suppose :)
Back then I was Chief Mate on an oil tanker carrying clean products from Geelong and Melbourne then deliver it to Auckland.
We would then load up crude oil from New Plymouth and deliver it to Shell Refinery in Sydney.
Twas a regular crossing between Australia and New Zealand...
I noticed that pick-ups or UTEs are the most popular cars in both countries.
'Twas a good move by Ford to manufacture RHD Mustangs! My colleagues from South Africa were also very pleased!

You've got quite a very impressive stable there!
One of my dream is to have a classic mustang as well...
Still dreaming about it to this day ;)

So as not to be off-topic... here's another cellphone shot of my Mustang with Mayon Volcano at the background...
MayonSunrise.jpg

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
I obviously do not own a ship, not in this lifetime :)
It's a common seafarer's term to call the boat we're on as "my ship", just kinda grew on me I suppose :)
Back then I was Chief Mate on an oil tanker carrying clean products from Geelong and Melbourne then deliver it to Auckland.
We would then load up crude oil from New Plymouth and deliver it to Shell Refinery in Sydney.
Twas a regular crossing between Australia and New Zealand...
I noticed that pick-ups or UTEs are the most popular cars in both countries.
'Twas a good move by Ford to manufacture RHD Mustangs! My colleagues from South Africa were also very pleased!

You've got quite a very impressive stable there!
One of my dream is to have a classic mustang as well...
Still dreaming about it to this day ;)

So as not to be off-topic... here's another cellphone shot of my Mustang with Mayon Volcano at the background...
MayonSunrise.jpg
Yes, it was a master stroke for Ford to do the Mustang in RHD. Only the Grabber Blue Mustang is mine in the photo, although I wouldn’t mind the old fastback, but a 1968 notchback is my dream classic Mustang.

That is a fabulous photo you just posted, well done. It would look great in the Photograph of the Month thread next month. I have some Mustang related photos from your country that I will post soon.

Below: following a Race Red EcoBoost through the outskirts of Melbourne, watching out for stray kangaroos.

Capture%202-2-17%20a.jpg

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
P1055751.jpg

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase
Can you please share a side pic and information of the rims and tires and if it is lowered?

Lokks great..
Lowered on BMR SP80's and the wheels are BC Forged RS 31's
carsforcancer.jpg

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Cruising around Oakboro, NC with some new carbon exterior additions. Taken with an S8.
20190127_145518.jpg
20190128_194237.jpg

Last edited:

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Today at Madonna Plaza in San Luis Obispo. Don't know who the white car belongs to but, since he was backed in, I couldn't resist.

IMG_0765.jpeg

DeepakGTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 J7 California Special
New 305s out back
IMG_1200.jpg

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
i saw the orange on the window trim and thought "hmm thats different and looks not too bad" then i realized it was just tape....