Do you own Ford stock(F)?

Kennyboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Turbo S
I know some think Ford will fail, but I like what I see coming down the pike with new models. I am heavily invested in F with a basis of $7.58. What say you guys?
Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
the most you're hoping for is what, $9ish? You must have bought in a long time ago? Ford has taken a big hit but was only trading in the 9's prior. The Bronco didn't give it much of a lift.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe try bitcoin instead
I just opened a Robinhood account a few weeks back. I looked at Ethereum thinking, $200 a coin was nonsense. Well, few weeks later, same coin is up over $400. In that same span, bitcoin went from $9k per coin to over $12k today. From July 19th to August 18th, a $3000 increase. Crypto is crazy volatile, but there's money to be had, or lost.

I only keep about $1000 in my Robinhood account to play with since i don't know what i'm doing. I have a little bit in Nikola which took a hit today with Hyundai announcing working with someone else for fuel cells. I think Nikola was riding on Hyundai partnering up. Also, in EROS, an Indian Film company that is my ride or die bitch it seems.

I do it for fun, since again, i don't know what the hell i'm doing lol

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I just opened a Robinhood account a few weeks back. I looked at Ethereum thinking, $200 a coin was nonsense. Well, few weeks later, same coin is up over $400. In that same span, bitcoin went from $9k per coin to over $12k today. From July 19th to August 18th, a $3000 increase. Crypto is crazy volatile, but there's money to be had, or lost.

I only keep about $1000 in my Robinhood account to play with since i don't know what i'm doing. I have a little bit in Nikola which took a hit today with Hyundai announcing working with someone else for fuel cells. I think Nikola was riding on Hyundai partnering up. Also, in EROS, an Indian Film company that is my ride or die bitch it seems.

Do you sell your Bitcoin when high then buyback at low? Checkng into this, but so many different ways..

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm thinking of buying some since it's under $7 a share right now. I think in the next year after Corona the Bronco will help lift the price up substantially. A lot of the value reduction was because of the massive amount of lost sales from all the crap going on. I'm only expecting a 20% gain tops but that would still be pretty decent.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
You do know by Christmas there's a 50/50 chance the whole ball of wax is gonna fall apart. This winter it is very possible that the COV will come back strong, etc......

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

Been an active investor for about 15 years. This is not financial advice, I am not licensed. Now with that disclaimer out of the way, it sounds like you want to maximize returns. Investing is purely mathematical, you cannot have any emotion in it. People are mystified by crypto, it's just so exciting and mysterious! The same returns can be found in safer funds like TQQQ (which is a leveraged NASDAQ ETF that's earned over 100% returns in the last year). Not saying to buy TQQQ, I am not licensed so legally I can't tell you what to buy. Just sayin.... taking the emotion out of investing is the first step to making good returns. The day your urge to buy Bitcoin at 12k is the day it will drop to 6k.... Buy on logic, not emotion..
In my opinion, I would not have Ford (F) in my portfolio until the quarter before the first earnings report is due for the first sales of the Bronco. That will be when there's the most investor curiosity into (F) stock because earnings will be improved but the nameplate will still be new enough to be attractive as a fresh brand. I would think the pump the stock gets, if it gets, from the Bronco will be relatively short lived. So if there is profit to be made on the Bronco, I would make it fast and get out.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I bought in 2008ish for under two bucks. I saw it go as high as I $16 since then I think. I will keep holding on to it.

OP
OP
Kennyboy

Kennyboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Turbo S
the most you're hoping for is what, $9ish? You must have bought in a long time ago? Ford has taken a big hit but was only trading in the 9's prior. The Bronco didn't give it much of a lift.
Well I would like $9 cause that would give me 45k....

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Stay away from bitcoin or crypto as a new investor. It’s truly senseless and unpredictable. Yes many have made big money off it, but it’s stupid luck.

Ford was a good investment when the market crashed. Right now I wouldn’t invest too much in it, as the market has been bullish but the future is really dicey at this point. I think if Ford sees $8-$9 a share it would be doing well.

Robinhood is a blessing and a curse. Remember - a lot of things will pull your emotions to buy and can also be an ultimate downer when you lose your ass a few minutes later. It’s easy because you hitting purchase and sell, but it’s your real money your gambling with. You can get stuck not being to execute a sale as you watch the stock you’re holding crash in value. Before you do any major trading read up on the basics. The more volume that’s being traded, the more liquid the stock is - assuming the max volume isn’t reached.

I had good returns on leveraged ETF’s when the market took a crap and started to recover. ETF’s can be great investments, but leveraged ETF’s aren’t necessarily good long term investments. There are bull and bear based ETF’s. Bulls make money when the market is aggressive and trending up, bears make money when the market is receding and trending down. Leveraged ETF’s mean greater returns or losses, so choose carefully.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
i invested in a chinese electric car company NIO (they don't sell in US) and current return is 1200%. Also bought into Nikola and Hyliion before they did reverse mergers
Sponsored