Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Very interesting, Skye. (I live in the suburbs. The pineapple guava tree lines and messes my driveway, but it's the neighbors' tree. It is a big, beautiful tree though.)

OK. Here's an update for those waiting with bated breath. (Pun intended.) The very next morning after I had discovered the rodent bedding on top of my engine, I opened my hood again--and there was more!

So I started keeping my hood open at night. That has solved the problem for now, but I can't keep my hood open forever. Two evenings later, I realized I had forgotten to open my hood. I went out, lifted it--and there was a rat. We were very surprised to see each other.

The rat ran off. (I started my engine to make sure of that.) I looked on Google and found some electronic under-hood pest repellers that emit ultrasound and have small strobes to interfere with rat-night-vision. I ordered one, and some peppermint oil spray.

Now that stuff has arrived--along with a storm in this area of drought that is keeping me from continuing my Groundhog Day-like efforts.
uggggg....years ago a groundhog made a bed in the engine compartment of my Torino Cobra. When I first opened the hood I didn't notice. I had no idea it was there. Just a routine hood opening. Then I saw all the bedding and my chewed up wiring harness! 😫 I wanted to punish the bastard but it was too fast and ran away. quite the mess. Never saw it again.

OP
OP
Rael

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
After installing the device in the pictures, I was able to shut my hood tonight--first time in two weeks. I had my doubts about the device, until I figured out a place to put it and a way to secure it.

It has an ultrasound emitter, and little strobe lights that flash like every ten seconds. Even if the ultrasound doesn't work, I feel confident that the strobe will keep that rat off of my engine.

This model gets power direct from the battery. It stops when the cars moves, and resumes once the car is inactive. They also have models that run on either AA or AAA batteries.

I believe my Caddyshack life is over!
Rat2.jpg
Rat3.jpg
Rat4.jpg
Sponsored