Do the drive settings stick?

jimharrell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I don't have a GT500 but was super curious because I've heard that the new GT500's driver settings such as the exhaust mode selection stay the same between ignition cycles? Unlike on the GT/GT350 where it resets back to normal between cycles. Is this true??
Sponsored

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
You can create a “My Mode” with your preferred settings. When you start the vehicle, it always starts in Normal Mode... a quick toggle of the mode switch takes you to My Mode and your preferred settings.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Or you can push the start button (no brake pedal) and activate the aux power, then cycle to desired mode for a loud exhaust cold start.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Some of us have to be responsible. As the president of a 235 house, homeowners association,
I use Quiet Start to start & get out the neighborhood then bump MyMode to Sport. I had a blown
'13 GT for 7 years and nobody noticed, less than a week after the 500 came home, everybody
knew it. I had to tone it down a bit. :facepalm:

Sponsored

OP
OP
jimharrell

jimharrell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Unfortunately it goes back to normal when the vehicle is shut off.
I really wonder why the Youtuber said that his kept the settings between startups. But that’s what I figured...Chevy doesn’t do that so I hate that Ford does that. Granted the Chevy’s aren’t as loud...Lol

OP
OP
jimharrell

jimharrell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I may be mistaken but I recall reading in the owners manual that you can go in the apps and set it so it'll start in quiet mode.
Yes, you can! You can schedule it during certain times. I can do that on my GT as well.

OP
OP
jimharrell

jimharrell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Or you can push the start button (no brake pedal) and activate the aux power, then cycle to desired mode for a loud exhaust cold start.
The first blip will be loud but then it goes back into normal right? That’s what happens on my GT. But I also honestly don’t notice any difference if I do that. But I also don’t have this new GT500 haha

Kingkong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE, Hellcat Charger
I remember when I watched Matt Farah’s review on the GT500 he said specifically the settings stay as you left it last time it was started. I RECALL my exhaust staying in track mode each time it’s started.

Car is in the shop getting some work done so I can’t confirm.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The first blip will be loud but then it goes back into normal right? That’s what happens on my GT. But I also honestly don’t notice any difference if I do that. But I also don’t have this new GT500 haha
It stays in the mode you set prior to starting after setting it in aux mode.
I remember when I watched Matt Farah’s review on the GT500 he said specifically the settings stay as you left it last time it was started. I RECALL my exhaust staying in track mode each time it’s started.

Mine goes back to normal each time the car is shut off.

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)

This is incorrect. If the exhaust stayed in Track Mode the next time the vehicle was started it is because there is a problem with the selectable exhaust harness or the valves themselves are sticking. Everything reverts back to normal once the car is shut off/restarted.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I stand corrected. Today I noticed after placing the car in AUX mode and selecting my mode, which has track exhaust, when I started the car, the exhaust switched to normal. The other settings stayed in my mode.

So either the car has a mind of it's own, or I am crazy thinking it stayed in track mode before. I am fairly certain it did.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
It is completely annoying....i will likely have to replace my mode switch at some point.....everytime i get in the car i have to change it.....i already feel like i am wearing it out

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I stand corrected. Today I noticed after placing the car in AUX mode and selecting my mode, which has track exhaust, when I started the car, the exhaust switched to normal. The other settings stayed in my mode.

So either the car has a mind of it's own, or I am crazy thinking it stayed in track mode before. I am fairly certain it did.
I wouldn’t call you “crazy.” If your mufflers stayed in track mode, it was a malfunction. The valves revert to normal on each startup.
Sponsored