Sponsored

Do I part with my 2016 Mustang GT Lightly Modded?!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....I am on the fence about selling it. What do you people think?.....
It's tough to answer, since we don't know why you're selling it.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You are totally right my dude. Itā€™s been years since Iā€™ve done the Forums stuff with my ā€˜07 Subaru WRX.

I guess itā€™s also the uncertainty of whatā€™s going on out there and the car is just sitting in my garage with this Covid stuff. And a Tesla is kind of calling me but only the highest end Model S.
Unfortunately your state is currently a shit show. Honestly it's going to get far worse before it's going to get better. So with this consideration do you need an $80K+ car loan sitting in your garage or one that is fully paid for. I understand an itch you have to scratch. Go drive a P100 but be forewarned, they are intoxicating.

OP
OP

ASpel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's tough to answer, since we don't know why you're selling it.
Basically because Covid, still furloughed, and no use for a paid off Mustang to sit in the garage. I can sell it at a premium still right now and have only spent $5k driving and maintaining it for 3.5 years.

Unfortunately your state is currently a shit show. Honestly it's going to get far worse before it's going to get better. So with this consideration do you need an $80K+ car loan sitting in your garage or one that is fully paid for. I understand an itch you have to scratch. Go drive a P100 but be forewarned, they are intoxicating.
Absolutely the reason I might want it gone. CA is a shit show and I donā€™t really need the car right now. My wifeā€™s car Iā€™ve even been driving more lately just because the ease of use. (2018 Ford Flex, also paid off).

Luckily, Iā€™m a frugal guy and only have my mortgage as debt. Thank God because Covid is really messing with everyone else.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Basically because Covid, still furloughed, and no use for a paid off Mustang to sit in the garage. I can sell it at a premium still right now and have only spent $5k driving and maintaining it for 3.5 years.
It's a buyer's market for cars right now. It's not really the time to sell. You should be able to get more when things settle down.

But if you can get long dollas' for it now, then go ahead and do it. It's really all about finding the right buyer.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Absolutely the reason I might want it gone. CA is a shit show and I donā€™t really need the car right now. My wifeā€™s car Iā€™ve even been driving more lately just because the ease of use. (2018 Ford Flex, also paid off).

Luckily, Iā€™m a frugal guy and only have my mortgage as debt. Thank God because Covid is really messing with everyone else.
So the left side of your brain says sell it. The important question is how is the right side of your brain going to feel when you look inside the empty garage. :crying:

Sponsored

OP
OP

ASpel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's a buyer's market for cars right now. It's not really the time to sell. You should be able to get more when things settle down.

But if you can get long dollas' for it now, then go ahead and do it. It's really all about finding the right buyer.
Found one and it seems like a win for me and him.

So the left side of your brain says sell it. The important question is how is the right side of your brain going to feel when you look inside the empty garage. :crying:
And itā€™s my Right side that led me to making this post ;-(

Shit, Iā€™m still 50/50 but I gotta tell this kid that wants it yes or no pretty soon here.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Iā€™ve actually noticed prices were a bit higher a month or two ago when COVID started not sure if itā€™s still that way but my local ford dealers seem to have limited stock and the ones they do have are priced higher than before so it might be a good time to sell. If your mind is set on something different then I would sell now especially since Iā€™ve noticed over the years that the trend is for mustang prices to be higher in summer months and drop in the winter.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Shit, Iā€™m still 50/50 but I gotta tell this kid that wants it yes or no pretty soon here.
Sell it. If you miss it, buy another. Or something else. Or put the money towards your mortgage. IF you're getting really strong money for it.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My bikes and fun cars are helping me keep my sanity these days, so I'd have to figure that in.....

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

If I was in your shoes I would likely sell. It's a good price and you can buy whatever you want when the time comes.

Sponsored

Cplennon17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Keep it! Dad's need toys too! Sell the kids! lol just kidding.

I don't see a wrong answer here, either you have a fully paid off Mustang you enjoy or have $30k less debt or cash in the bank.

Varanjar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
Unless you absolutely need the money, keep it. I've never heard of anyone regretting holding on to a car they like, you only regret getting rid of them. And you can always sell it later if you change your mind.

SoFla2016PP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6
Absolutely not. The car isnā€™t posted here and I already have an offer that is literally $3,000 less than what I paid for the car out the door 3.5 years ago.

So my logic numbers wise is, Iā€™ve owned the car for 3.5 years and only replaced the tires and the intake manifold and did oil changes. So Iā€™ve owned the car for 3.5 years and cost of ownership for that length of time is roughly $5,000.

Seems good to me. And I like most the feedback so far, except the above quote.

Things I want to get into... sad to say but maybe a Tesla P100D haha.

I can shed some insight there lol. I drove my brother in laws P90D from Tennessee across North Carolina, and while I had an absolute blast going through the mountains, knowing pretty much anything I lined up next to wasn't getting me from 0-60, it was still almost missing something. Despite the smoothness, quickness, autopilot, all the features I still found myself missing the clutch, exhaust and that raw feeling. The Tesla would be a great daily, just my .02.

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hey guys and gals,

First post here and itā€™s just for opinions lol.

So 4 years ago I bought a Yellow 2016 Mustang GT with 1,300 miles for a good price. It was stock but had an X Pipe and 4ā€ Catback pipes (non branded I believe) and sounded amazing and drove amazing.

Since then I have added a C & L Racer CAI and a BAMA Tune from American Muscle (SCT 4). The car has been amazing and only had to recently replace the Intake Manifold due to the crappy Control Valve rod issue with the newer model Intake Manifold.

I now have 30,000 miles and recently listed it for sale. The car is paid off and I am on the fence about selling it.

What do you people think?

Let me know below and thank you for having me!
Im having the same mental fight. I have 2017 gt pp premuim. I love it, but the gas is killing me rn, and i just dont have the opportunity to enjoy it as much. Id hate to see it go but i have enough equity to get a slightly used sedan like a fusion and be payment free, plus save on gas and insurance... sounds all too tempting.

Just letting you know youre not alone in this mental fight lol

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Guys, Iā€™m a 32 year old with kids. I have bank accounts, savings, 401k, brokerage accounts, own my home, etc. I had a 2.5%apr auto loan that I paid off last year.

My above post is where my mind is at.

Letā€™s keep it kind here...
Is this a justification thread now? :giggle:

Tell us more about how rich you are lol.
Sponsored