Sponsored

Do any options / colors delay a factory order come in?

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Hi. I’m going to be ordering and want it sooner rather than later. Does anyone know if there any options that would delay a factory order?
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
With production just starting back up, there is going to be delays and parts shortages. Give it few months before you place your order, give them time to get back up and running along with all their suppliers. The normal wait time for an ordered car is around 6 to 8 weeks, but with the shutdown from the covid 19, you may not get the car until sept if you ordered now, but if you wait until July, you still get the car in sept. Also, the 20 model run is about over and you may have to get a 21 anyway.

OP
OP

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
With production just starting back up, there is going to be delays and parts shortages. Give it few months before you place your order, give them time to get back up and running along with all their suppliers. The normal wait time for an ordered car is around 6 to 8 weeks, but with the shutdown from the covid 19, you may not get the car until sept if you ordered now, but if you wait until July, you still get the car in sept. Also, the 20 model run is about over and you may have to get a 21 anyway.
The dealer claims 8-12 weeks. I need the car ASAP since i have a lease to turn in.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
The dealer claims 8-12 weeks. I need the car ASAP since i have a lease to turn in.
Is the lease thru ford credit? If it is, don't worry just call them and ask to extend the lease. They will go up to 6 months and your payment stays the same. I've done it twice over the years, ford is more than willing to accommodate you. And if you guess short just call again and get another month or two if you need it. But don't go for the six months right away, if you get a 6 mo extension and the car comes in 2 mos later you've got four more months of lease to pay for. Better to guess short than too much.

BTW, I see your in my neck of the woods, what dealer are you working with?

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Don’t know if it was BS or not, but my dealer said ordering Midnight Blue/Grabber Blue Stitch would delay my Mustang by four weeks.

Jimmy5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2003 Silverado, 2020 Mustang GT PP2
If you order a Performance Pack 2 it could delay the order or wouldn’t get built and would have to be ordered for the 2021 production. When I ordered mine the dealer tried to get me to change my order to a PP1 so it would get built sooner... the 6 month wait was worth it for the PP2!! As long as your not ordering a PP2 it should be ok, although a build can also get delayed due to supplier issues....
Sponsored