Sponsored

Ditching Procharger... Paxton 2200 or VMP GEN 2

Trey@Hypermotive

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0
wait wait wait...you did pull fuse 62 while on the dyno right? these cars will barely run if you dont. much less make 600+ hp
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
wait wait wait...you did pull fuse 62 while on the dyno right? these cars will barely run if you dont. much less make 600+ hp
yes the fuse was pulled both times on both seperate dynos.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Its probably a no but have you ever done a similar test at the track? Wondering if fuse pulled is any different than "disabled".
Our demo car here runs 10's, and only issue it has is traction LOL.
So never had a reason to pull any fuses, it already has to much power LOL.

His datalogged showed the camshafts in VERY different spots at WOT (after 4,000rpm) then I am used to seeing. I am guessing his issue lies in those cams doing something wonky.

But, it sounds like he is parting it out. So we may never know why he isn't make the power/performance that others are.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
His datalogged showed the camshafts in VERY different spots at WOT (after 4,000rpm) then I am used to seeing. I am guessing his issue lies in those cams doing something wonky.
Lund reviewed my older log again and said there were no issues that he noticed on my street logs. I wouldnt go as far as blaming Lunds tune because it differs from what you normally would be tuning for.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Lund reviewed my older log again and said there were no issues that he noticed on my street logs. I wouldnt go as far as blaming Lunds tune because it differs from what you normally would be tuning for.

Why post a datalog if you don't want anyone to make a suggestion?

If the blower is making boost, well then its doing its job. (that simple)
Yet you keep blaming it. So I look at your log, (like anyone would)....

As far as your log goes....
I know exactly what cam timing I command on cars that I know MAKE well over 630 rwhp on both Mustang and DynoJet brand dynos. With 9psi of boost on our kits.

And I see that your file has nothing close to that, AND doesn't make good power....

So naturally, wouldn't you want to at least TRY to run the same cam settings I do?

I wasn't talking "smack" I wasn't being "rude"
I even OFFERED to call JOHN myself and talk to him about YOUR file.
(the file that has NOTHING to do with me)

Again, every single time I offered advice, I am met with a road block.
I keep saying... help me, help you.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Why post a datalog if you don't want anyone to make a suggestion?

A suggestion is one thing, saying that's my issue is another. Just saying. And yes I forwarded him the offer to request to speak to you, there was no comment, so Im not pushing the issue.

Ive also taken the observations from others that looked at my logs and sent that information along as well.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Again, every single time I offered advice, I am met with a road block.
I keep saying... help me, help you.

Met with a road block but what am I supposed to do? Its not like I have YOUR tune sitting on my SCT ready to be loaded to see what happens on a dyno.

Im not on speaking terms with Jon to the point where I can comfortably suggest HEY, just talk to Erik at PC since your tune isnt netting me power and you must be doing something wrong.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Im not pushing the issue.
You have a power problem,
You have a thread with 20+ pages,
You have instagram posts complaining about it.

You are very MUCH pushing the issue.

Everyone and their brother is TRYING to help you.
Yet, NOTHING seems to be happening to resolve it.
Its to the point of almost being rude.

Met with a road block but what am I supposed to do?

Im not on speaking terms with Jon

I don't know what caused you to not be on speaking terms.
John and his crew seem to be very nice, and laid back on the limited dealings I have had with them.

PLUS I also PM'ed you and OFFERED to Call LUND myself!
(on top of saying drop your car off at my house, and I would fix it)
But man, you are wearing me OUT.

Though, as you can see from these three links alone

STG 2 - Lund - 680 rwhp
STG 2 - Lund - 640 rwhp
STG 2 - Lund - 702 rwhp

You can make the same power these guys do, WITH your tuner AND the parts you have.

You need to find your issue, but posting on the net isn't going to do it.
Its either something silly and mechanically installed wrong, or its in your file.
It really is that simple. And when you find it, you will be like those guys above.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
at times, as it fights for that last HP it can get. lol. It's pretty wild how aggressive those cars are. (considering if you can actually "hear" the knock, you are at least 6-8 degrees past the point of actual knock) But I don't fault them, cause those engines stay together and live through serious abuse.
AMG engines may hold up to self-inflicted abuse, but god forbid anything electronic stays working for more than 3 years. I swear German car companies are getting purposefully screwed by whomever makes their electronic parts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
You have a power problem,
You have a thread with 20+ pages,
You have instagram posts complaining about it.

You are very MUCH pushing the issue.

Everyone and their brother is TRYING to help you.
Yet, NOTHING seems to be happening to resolve it.
Its to the point of almost being rude.

I don't know what caused you to not be on speaking terms.
John and his crew seem to be very nice, and laid back on the limited dealings I have had with them.

PLUS I also PM'ed you and OFFERED to Call LUND myself!
(on top of saying drop your car off at my house, and I would fix it)
But man, you are wearing me OUT.

Though, as you can see from these three links alone

STG 2 - Lund - 680 rwhp
STG 2 - Lund - 640 rwhp
STG 2 - Lund - 702 rwhp

You can make the same power these guys do, WITH your tuner AND the parts you have.

You need to find your issue, but posting on the net isn't going to do it.
Its either something silly and mechanically installed wrong, or its in your file.
It really is that simple. And when you find it, you will be like those guys above.

You don't get it. Im not approaching a reputable tuner and tell him that hes wrong because you said the way hes tuned my car is wrong. I passed along the info YOU provided and Jon didnt address it. If he felt the need to, im sure he would have. Nothing has happened at this point because Im not sitting at my garage and bouncing back and forth behind a computer during the week.

Wearing you out? Then leave? The only reason youre in here is to "help" and cover your bases as a Procharger rep, as you always have. Like someone mentioned in here before, youre paid to be here.

TrboPny

a.k.a Azura5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julie
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I think I have an answer to the problem.

Just give me your car and you can have mine :)

:love::love::love:

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
You don't get it. Im not approaching a reputable tuner and tell him that hes wrong because you said the way hes tuned my car is wrong. I passed along the info YOU provided. Nothing has happened at this point because Im not sitting at my garage and bouncing back and forth behind a computer during the week.

Wearing you out? Then leave? The only reason youre in here is to "help" and cover your bases as a Procharger rep, as you always have. Like someone mentioned in here before, youre paid to be here.
Lemme get this straight. The person who previously complained about Prochargers lack support is now complaining about them trying support you? Ya he gets paid to provide support which he is trying to do, but you seem to be unwilling to accept the support because you have a redwood sized stick up your ass about this whole situation.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Lemme get this straight. The person who previously complained about Prochargers lack support is now complaining about them trying support you? Ya he gets paid to provide support which he is trying to do, but you seem to be unwilling to accept the support because you have a redwood sized stick up your ass about this whole situation.
Im not complaining about Erik, Ive even told him in private Ill get him a log when I can, but Im not concerning Jon anymore with Eriks suggestions if Jon doesnt want to address it. Simply saying I trust Jon Lund over Erik. If Erik wants to pass along a tune of his for me to datalog or toss my car on the dyno with, Id be more than happy to, but in the terms of my car right now my hands are tied behind my back until I get a fresh datalog and my car back on the dyno AFTER a revision or the all clear is given to me by Lund that everything is SAFE to run a pull for.

I also never complained that Procharger lacked support, I just havent been a fan of how they approach on here their past issues. Not to beat a dead horse, but I was talked down to a few times when I brought up the inlet collapsing problem and how it DOESNT affect their builds and higher HP cars that run the same inlet style. They eventually of course revised their inlet.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer