Sponsored

Discovering PDR.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Last year, a garage tasked with carrying out some CANSys work on my car, thought they'd include damaging the body work, into the bargain.

Mustang damage#2- new#1.jpg

A really nasty dent.

I won't name the company, at this stage, but at no time did the company which damaged my car apologize or show even the slightest contrition for what they had done to my car, while they still charged me full price for their work (not including the dent).

It's my position that companies which behave in this manner, should be called out for the purposes of helping other unsuspecting members of the public, when deciding who they should trust with their car.

Back to the repair:
Things began to improve when the PPF was removed and I discovered the PPF had done a very impressive job of preserving the paint beneath it. Essentially the paint was in very good condition.
The white scuff marks in the image above are in the PPF, not the paint.

I booked my car into my nominated repairer, for an appointment which was a few months after the damage occured. During the intervening time, I discovered the process of PDR. I located someone in the Hull area who after seeing pictures of the damage, said they would be prepared to try to repair the panel, although we both agreed the damage was quite severe.

Here is the result of two days PDR.

Mustang damage#2- new#2.jpg

Considering the severity of the damage and also the added difficulty of the repairer not having access to the inner surface of the quarter panel, I consider this to be a massive win and a good result.

Unfortunately in this case, one area of the damage was so bad, the paint eventually parted from the panel, in a small area, so I will have the entire area of the repair, re-sprayed. I could see for myself that there was a risk to the paint in that region of the dent, but I was prepared to take that risk for the possibility of repairing the original panel.

Considering at one point people were talking to me about replacing the panel, or that I'd need significant filler to re-shape and contour the panel, I think this worked out very well for me, thanks to the efforts and skill of the repairer.
The repairer spotted 3 or 4 other, small, dents and a high point, I hadn't noticed in nearly 4 years of ownership and they were corrected also (Bonus!).

So, for the purposes of helping out others on this forum and elsewhere, I can recommend PDR and specifically, the person I went to.

Dent Remover:
Dent Remover | Paintless Dent Repair (dent-remover.co.uk)

See his work here:
Dent-Remover - YouTube

My particular repair is not complete, the car needs paint and then eventually, new PPF for the bodyside panel, to return the car to pre-damaged condition.
By the end of this repair, months will have passed and many miles and hire cars driven in addition to considerable inconvenience to me. All because some ass-hat could not be arsed to look where they were driving! If you work at a car repair business, at which there is a yard full with parked vehicles in it, you should be profoundly aware of and on the look out for the risk of collision and damage.

TBC.
Sponsored

Last edited:

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Was this a Ford dealer that smashed your car up? I'm really sorry mate.

OP
OP

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
@2021 Mach 1
Not a Ford franchise dealer/workshop.

An independent with equipment and access to the Ford systems for CAN work.
That's all I can say for now.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice job ! :sunglasses:

Just to be clear - I have liked you post for the work that was done, not because of what happened in the first place :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Nice job ! :sunglasses:

Just to be clear - I have liked you post for the work that was done, not because of what happened in the first place :like:

WD :like:
Absolutely.

In the unfortunate event of the unthinkable happening, it's useful if someone can recommend a process or a person/company which can help and does work worthy of recommendation.

Cheers.
:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
+1 for PDR.

Some of you may remember I foolishly leant on the flat area of the "hip" adding a couple of dents. PDR guy knocked them out, and also some others I hadn't spotted with no trouble. £80 well spent.

Anyone needing it, I used Clever Dent Repair in Wantage https://www.cleverdentrepair.co.uk

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Last year, a garage tasked with carrying out some CANSys work on my car, thought they'd include damaging the body work, into the bargain.

Mustang damage#2- new#1.jpg

A really nasty dent.

I won't name the company, at this stage, but at no time did the company which damaged my car apologize or show even the slightest contrition for what they had done to my car, while they still charged me full price for their work (not including the dent).

It's my position that companies which behave in this manner, should be called out for the purposes of helping other unsuspecting members of the public, when deciding who they should trust with their car.

Things began to improve when the PPF was removed and I discovered the PPF had done a very impressive job of preserving the paint beneath it. Essentially the paint was in very good condition.
The white scuff marks in the image above are in the PPF, not the paint.

I booked my car into my nominated repairer, for an appointment which was a few months after the damage occured. During the intervening time, I discovered the process of PDR. I located someone in the Hull area who after seeing pictures of the damage, said they would be prepared to try to repair the panel, although we agreed the damage was quite severe.

Here is the result of two days PDR.

Mustang damage#2- new#2.jpg

Considering the severity of the damage and also the added difficulty of the repairer not having access to the inner surface of the quarter panel, I consider this to be a massive win and a good result.

Unfortunately in this case, one area of the damage was so bad, the paint eventually parted from the panel, in a small area, so I will have the entire area of the repair, re-sprayed. I could see for myself that there was a risk to the paint in that region of the dent, but I was prepared to take that risk for the possibility of repairing the original panel.

Considering at one point people were talking to me about replacing the panel, or that I'd need significant filler to re-shape and contour the panel, I think this worked out very well for me, thanks to the efforts and skill of the repairer.
The repairer spotted 3 or 4 other, small, dents and a high point, I hadn't noticed in nearly 4 years of ownership and they were corrected also (Bonus!).

So, for the purposes of helping out others on this forum and elsewhere, I can recommend PDR and specifically, the person I went to.

Dent Remover:
Dent Remover | Paintless Dent Repair (dent-remover.co.uk)

See his work here:
Dent-Remover - YouTube

My particular repair is not complete, the car needs paint and then eventually, new PPF for the bodyside panel, to return the car to pre-damaged condition.
By the end of this repair, months will have passed and many miles and hire cars driven and considerable unconvenience to me. All because some ass-hat could not be arsed to look where they were driving! If you work at a car repair business, with a yard with parked vehicles in it, you should be profoundly aware of and on the look out for the risk of collision and damage.

TBC.
holy crap thats some bash! Glad youve managed to get it sorted but aye there's a lot of companies and industries that need a shake up for responsibility. Just unbelievably ignorant of these people.

Glad you got the damage (bar paintwork) sorted without cutting the car up. It's frustrating to say the least :frown:

OP
OP

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
holy crap thats some bash! Glad youve managed to get it sorted but aye there's a lot of companies and industries that need a shake up for responsibility. Just unbelievably ignorant of these people.

Glad you got the damage (bar paintwork) sorted without cutting the car up. It's frustrating to say the least :frown:
You're spot on there. Removing the rear quarter would have been the very last resort.
I'm just grateful I had the luck to find a good service provider.

Waiting to get the car back from paint now.
Sponsored