Sponsored

Discount policy?

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Me neither, price was the price advertised on the Belgian Ford website at that time (Feb 15)... if you want the car that's the price they said!

Aky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT ordered
Discount of 4% for me (both sellers in Luxembourg offered the same discount)

Sponsored

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
It comes with 3 year warranty as standard in the UK, we won't be getting any discounts either.
I've emailed my dealer asking for the invoice to make sure it's been generated at pre price increases, should be ÂŁ29,885 (eb + paint + park sensor). Latest price is ÂŁ30,885

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Was also told no discounts as a Ford policy on this "premium" vehicle. Dealers basically don't earn much on these cars up here...

As for wheels/rims.
Ecoboost gets the black 5 split spoked ones.
GT gets the black 10-Y spoked ones.

Add custom pack to either choice and you get the silver 10-Y spoked ones.

I believe all GTs come with wider rears no matter which pack you get.

Custom Pack turned out to be cheaper than selecting all the options manually up here, AND it adds better leather on seats and upgraded interior. Since I got the convertible I'm also NOT getting the chrome window surrounds ;) So... YAY!

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Wow, I paid $24,255 for My EB or 22,580 EUR Including shipping to Germany, admittedly it's a base model which is not available here.

OP
OP

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, I paid $24,255 for My EB or 22,580 EUR Including shipping to Germany, admittedly it's a base model which is not available here.
This is what I'm always saying: judge this car as a $25k . This is why some some things are looking too cheap versus a european luxury cars (bmw, mercedes) .

Unfortunately this is the real value of the car and not the extraordinary prices we re paying all countries outside US.

This car is a way overpriced outside home.

If you tell an American to pay $60k for ecoboost he'll probably choose a suicide.... :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
BTW you can't compare the US base price with ours: we should get a quote of an US base + premium + pp and all other options we have.

OP
OP

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK. $30k . Big deal.

Don't mention what we cannot get no matter cost.

On tne US configurator the 57k eur of my combination is exactly 41k usd .

Nordic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joakim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
friendgr, I don´t agree, in Sweden you get a GT conv for 44" euro, that is a lot of car for that money, if you buy a BMW 435i conv it will cost you 66" euro and the Mustang will smoke the BMW and also have a higher value after 3 years.
We can see that because we have a lot of both models in Sweden.

You don´t get a car near the performance price/ratio of the mustang, one swedish crown per hp, last time a car had similar numbers was back in 2002 and the car was Scoda Octavia RS 180 that cost 179900 swedish crowns.

1 euro is aprox 9,40 swedish crowns.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Yeah in Germany you will pay 10% import duty and 19% tax so 29% total tax on the car. I believe it's even higher in Greece.

friendgr is right that that puts a Premium PP Eco at $30k usd, $30,540 to be exact with no other options. 29% is $8,856.6 for a total of 39396.6
Current exchange rate is 1 USD = 0.931353 EUR so that makes a Euro Ecoboost 36,692.15 EUR. Ford Germany lists them for 37K euro so Germans are getting a good deal on shipping at about 300 euro!

So it is not Ford charging people extra money it's the euro governments.

What will make angry is that I can buy a BMW 335 in the us for Less than a 328 in Germany and BMW does not have to pay the import duty here :shrug:

OP
OP

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah in Germany you will pay 10% import duty and 19% tax so 29% total tax on the car. I believe it's even higher in Greece.
:
We have three type of taxes:

Import tax: based on CC and Euro category ( above 2000cc for Euro5 is 50% )

Vat : 23%

Luxury tax: based on car value (above 28000 eur value is 40% )

It's a whole mathematical algorithm to calculate the total cost.....

Tradionally vehicles in greece is heavily taxed. Most of the times redicolously. It is more fair to buy an appartment rather than a good car. Almost half of the money are taxes.

You can easily figure it out with a google translate
http://www.entypa.info/eforia/59-ektelvnismos-aytokinhtoy.html
Sponsored

Last edited: